Recording Mixes

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Not sure if this is the correct section of the forum to post but anyways. What's the best way to record your mixes i would prefer to reocrd them straight to a cd or somthing as i have a really crap laptop at the miniute, but if some one could reomend a program that quick on any computer then that would be great also what wire's would i need to plug my mixer in to a laptop i imagine i'd need and Aux to usb but i'm not sure if they make them. Anyone got any suggestions?

I record straight into "Cool Edit Pro" on my PC... it has an option to monitor the input volume on the fly so get your max volume sorted before you start your mix you should get a good recording providing you don't keep up'ing the gains during the mix... but you can keep an eye on it also.

I'm not sure what the max recording time is but I've forgotten I had it on record before and left it recording for over 2 hours!!! I wouldn't recomend this as the wav. you end up with is quite large!! lol!!

but yeah definatly recomend getting a copy ;)

All you need is a standard 2 pin (RCA) to Headphone cable... should plug straight from "record out" on your mixer to "mic" on your laptop... really not sure what spec laptop you'd need tbh...

it's better if you have 2 outputs on your mixer... then you can have the level of your mix constant from the one output (providing your mixer gains etc stay the same throughout on the mixer) .... then the other output to your amp/monitors... then you can adjust volume without affecting the mix level..

hope this makes sense..

here's the cable you need anyway man... obviously you can get better quality ones...

images

i've got one, I did'nt think it would record through a mic input though. Cheers for the advise i'll give it a whirl when i get home.

Does any one know of any hardware you can plug your mixer straight into that will burn your mix straight to cd i got told there was one but cant find it anywhere apparently it just looks like an external cd burner but with aux input's on the back

I think all cd burners (hifi seperate style) will have 2 pin RCA inputs, but imo you much better off recording to PC etc because you can easily turn it to a mp3 and upload it... etc etc

also unless you're using CD-RW disks you'll waste a lot of disks on unwanted mixes (if you fuck up the mix) and in my experience using CD-RW disks over and over again and then burning a mix your happy with from that master disk a pain in the arse...

I take it you have cool edit (or a similar program).... good luck, look forward to hearing if it turns out alright geez

Ezz

Back
Top Bottom