Recording Mixes with Audacity: Help Needed

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
I've managed to connect my mixer to my laptop PC and everything seems to be nicely connected. I start recording and the first 2/3 seconds when I play the vinyl work nicely. But then the track just loses it's bass, the volume goes down a lot and you can hardly hear what's playing. I've replaced the cable which connects the mixer and the PC but the problem is still there. Anyone ever had this problem before? Help please...

I just tried out using Soundwave Recorder and the problem still exists, it's probably in the PC or something. Any suggestions?

You could try these things and try to isolate the problem:

1. Try recording each turntable with the same vinyl and see if its one or the other.

2. Check what input the cable from your mixer is in plugged into on your computer's sound card, use the line-in which is usually the blue input. (also change audacity to record from the line-in)

3. Make sure the ground cables from your turntables are securely screwed in tight.

4. If your mixer has got different master outputs, try using a different one for recording. For example on mine there is a master 1, master 2 and record out.

5. Check your headshell/styli cables are in sercurely.

I don't know what else for you to try man, someone else will have had the same problem on here so I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty soon.

You could try these things and try to isolate the problem:

1. Try recording each turntable with the same vinyl and see if its one or the other.

2. Check what input the cable from your mixer is in plugged into on your computer's sound card, use the line-in which is usually the blue input. (also change audacity to record from the line-in)

3. Make sure the ground cables from your turntables are securely screwed in tight.

4. If your mixer has got different master outputs, try using a different one for recording. For example on mine there is a master 1, master 2 and record out.

5. Check your headshell/styli cables are in sercurely.

I don't know what else for you to try man, someone else will have had the same problem on here so I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty soon.

1. Been there, done that

2. Yeah checked that

3. Im pretty sure they are

4. Yeah im using the record out on my mixer, have also used the master output

5. They are, or else the sound would be changed on my monitors

Thanks for the helps WelshJunglist but this is just on hell of a problem :P

The only way I get an ok recording to my laptop is with rca cable to 3.5mm jack connected to laptop and amplifier but I have to turn the mixer volume down and amplifier higher with low bass otherwise it distorts.

Back
Top Bottom