RECORDING MIXES @ 320 kbps in audacity!?

DJRefixdnb

Evasive Action CEO
i cant seem to be able to record into audacity at 320kbps!? anyone shed some light on hwo to do this?
i can export the project to mp3 at that rate, but i cant record anythin frmo any input at the same rate.

i know for a dj mix its not important, but i wanna take samples from records for production aswell.

i remember having neosound which can do it, even tho theyre both exactly the same program audacity (latest verson btw) doesnt!!

help anyone??

Huh? Doesn't Audacity record things as WAV? So it would be uncompressed, so only the sample rate matters (default is 44100Hz).

To get better sample rates than that you'd need to get a better sound card i'd imagine.

well thats what i taut, but since ive updated to the latest version it gives me the option in prefs. to chose 'recorded file format'

guess the easiest way is to keep it in wav then. cheers

well thats what i taut, but since ive updated to the latest version it gives me the option in prefs. to chose 'recorded file format'

guess the easiest way is to keep it in wav then. cheers

Well you don't want to be converting samples you are using for production to mp3 anyway, you wanna keep them as WAVs since it is uncompressed.

You need to download the 'Lame' mp3 encoder to be able to export as mp3 from audacity. It's only a small .dll file and when you choose to export as mp3 from audacity for the first time it will ask you where this 'Lame' file is, locate it and then it will let you export as an mp3.

Website
http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/

i can export the project to mp3 at that rate

You need to download the 'Lame' mp3 encoder to be able to export as mp3 from audacity. It's only a small .dll file and when you choose to export as mp3 from audacity for the first time it will ask you where this 'Lame' file is, locate it and then it will let you export as an mp3.

Website
http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/

Valuable info although a little irrelevant in this case mate :)

Yea, but in the OP, Refix said that he had no problem exporting, whereas Welsh Junglist was talking about how to export to mp3, that's all I was pointing out.

Should probably learn to keep my mouth shut and let people get on with it though :p

perspective's bang on there. the option was completely different to the lame mp3 exporting, i already have that and thats fine.

it seemed to be it was an aditional option to chose the the file extension type for any recorded sound from the soundcard(normally the temp. wav files saved in the audacity project folders - the option lets you chose the file formats rather than just layin them in wavs).

but ive gone and reinstalled audacity and that option is no longer there ?? i dno if i had a beta version installed before and its been taken out, now just saves them as wavs like standard.

this is really bugging me even tho ive sorted it now, i wish i still has the install for that copy of audacity, as noone else seems to have ever seen that in the prefrences and its not in the latest version on the audacity website?! odd.

but yeah thanks to perspective, i dno why i wanted them in mp3 anyway now i think about it lol :S

i cant seem to be able to record into audacity at 320kbps!? anyone shed some light on hwo to do this?
i can export the project to mp3 at that rate, but i cant record anythin frmo any input at the same rate.

i know for a dj mix its not important, but i wanna take samples from records for production aswell.

i remember having neosound which can do it, even tho theyre both exactly the same program audacity (latest verson btw) doesnt!!

help anyone??

Wav is the best format in my opinion.

You may need to download a converter to covert from Wav to MP3 320

I use 'Switch' for Mac - if thats what PC you use

Back
Top Bottom