Drum & Bass RECORDING LABEL

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by chromantis, Dec 11, 2011.

1. chromantis

chromantis New Member

Hi ive been producing for a year and now been approached by a label mojear records and im just trying to see if anyone has been approached by them and had dealings with them thanks chromantis also check me out

www.soundcloud.com/chromantis

2. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

first off great work dude, sounding smooth. i had a look at the label but it seems they are House/deep house?? so a little confused, unless i havnt found the right page

3. chromantis

chromantis New Member

Hi there yes they do house.I was approached by them saying they wanted to sign me so i sent them a few tracks they emailed me a contract which i havnt signed yet.Im not to sure what to do as theres a couple of things that i am not happy with,first they said they have exclusive rights to all my music which means i would be locked in there contract for 3 years,not being able to go anywhere else if i was approached.second they said i would only get 20% of remixing so if someone remixes my song makes shit loads of money i get 20% i was wondering if this was standerd practise.It seems a bit low and a bit off if ya get my meaning i just need advice before i sign something thanks chromantis

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/mojear

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mojear-Records/177610168973385

4. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

Very few labels are worth signing with exclusively.

Unless the label is one of the biggest in the genre steer well clear IMO