Recording in Reaper....some help please!

DJ_Prophet

Right, I have been using reaper to record in the last couple of months, my computer recently died and i had to reinstall everything, since then, i CANNOT get a level from my decks (cd decks) all im getting is the external mic picking up back ground noise, with no proper signal going to my computer, i am using aux to a jack, im sure its the settings, iv armed the track, set the input to mono, i cant think what else i need to do, no doubt its something really stupidly simple, however, at the moment, it is beyond me, help?!

thanks!

The input shouldn't be mono for one. The rca cable carries a stereo signal and the jack (mini-jack?) is likely stereo too.

But I don't think that is the problem. Open your audio settings from the notification area next to the clock or control panel. There you have the mixer, and from some menu you should be able to access the recording settings. There you need to select what input source you want to record (mic, input, digital in etc.). You should obviously select the Line In instead of Mic.

Back
Top Bottom