Recording in audacity problem

leonnebreen

I'm recording a mix in audacity.. on one deck the waveforms of the recording are all level but on my other deck the waveform shows its more bassy.. I can play the same tune on each but they record diffrent. any help? Cheers

I have I changed wires and channels.. still same issue.. on the recording it has to much lows and not enough highs..

that's weird, is it playing fine on the speakers? are you using vinyl? are you connecting it through a mixer with USB or cables?

Yeah seems fine through the speakers.. on cdj 850s and im using cables.. its just weird how one records fine and the other doesn't. .

yeah that does sound weird mate, tbh I record with vinyl and the only thing I was thinking that it could be the needles or phono cable, also its odd that its fine on the speakers but not when recording it, especially if you are connecting it too the laptop through a USB, sorry man can't help on this one atm, one of my mates has a pair of 850's will see if he's ever had the same problem

Yeah does it recording through usb.. its only one deck out of the 4 that do it.. I think it may be the deck it plays slightly distorted aswell not enough that you really notice but if u listen closely you can..

Right, you need to list all of your equipment to better understand your setup.

Mixer:
CDJs:
Laptop:
Soundcard:

Numark m6 mixer
Two cdj 850 one cdj 1000 and one 800
Samsung laptop dont know what model atm
Also don't know what soundcard..

Numark m6 mixer
Two cdj 850 one cdj 1000 and one 800
Samsung laptop dont know what model atm
Also don't know what soundcard..

Numark M6. So are you plugging the Ch3 USB into your laptop to record the mix?

Is the CDJ you are having the problem with plugged into Channel 3 by any chance?

If the issue is too much noise coming in, i'd turn up the speakers right up and turn the gains on the mixer right down.

That should help. Make sure you have the correct input set on audacity as well, it can sometimes default to the internal mic and not the soundcard.

I recorded a mix and tbh I couldn't really tell the diffrent. . But the deck does play abit louder and sounds a little distorted which is annoying..

Back
Top Bottom