recording from mixer to laptop with a usb?

pitts

VIP Junglist
i am wanting to record some of my mixes

is it possible to take the booth output to my laptop. my laptop does not have an audio input and i am just wondering is there such thing as a converter from a headphone sized plug to a usb so i can get good quality recordings. Also if i was to do this would my laptop be able to read my mixer and if it doesnt is there some software i can get.

My mixer is a Behringer mixer which isnt best so it did not come with any software to record onto a computer so i am trying to make do with wot i have.

if this isnt possible what other ways could i record from my mixer

if any1 can help i will be grateful

cheers

i am wanting to record some of my mixes

is it possible to take the booth output to my laptop. my laptop does not have an audio input and i am just wondering is there such thing as a converter from a headphone sized plug to a usb so i can get good quality recordings. Also if i was to do this would my laptop be able to read my mixer and if it doesnt is there some software i can get.

My mixer is a Behringer mixer which isnt best so it did not come with any software to record onto a computer so i am trying to make do with wot i have.

if this isnt possible what other ways could i record from my mixer

if any1 can help i will be grateful

cheers

does your laptop not have a mic input? usually a mini jack?

then u just use one of these....
index.php

out of ya mixer, into ya lappy, recording on a program, a free one is audacity (google it) its free and its good.

does your laptop not have a mic input? usually a mini jack?

then u just use one of these....
index.php

out of ya mixer, into ya lappy, recording on a program, a free one is audacity (google it) its free and its good.

cheers for the help m8 ill give it a go

I got an Emu 0202 and works great for what I use it for. I'd recomend getting a cheap interface if you have the money. Using a direct cable with a laptop will cause a lot of background noise.

Also if you ever wanted to do something like an internet radio show the analogue digital converter on your onboard soundcard would not be able to cope and it would sound terrible.

do what i did i went down to guitar center and asked them for a usb sound card to broadcast and record my mixes they showed me a Gemini soundcard it was about 70 dollars works great still havent had a problem and broadcast suberb sound plus if u ever upgrade mixers you can still use the same soundcard =] hope this helps

Nice. I'll be investing in an interface in the near future. Will that get rid of the shitty sound i get when i plug into my power in my lappy?

Back
Top Bottom