recording a mix

sorry for askin a bit of a dumb question lol but do i jus go straight from my mixer to my laptop/pc ??? with a phono lead or something ?

you use a headphone jack to phono lead, an just plug it from your mixer to your line in/mic input on your laptop/computer

you use a headphone jack to phono lead, an just plug it from your mixer to your line in/mic input on your laptop/computer

were in my mixer?? surely i would need a phono to phono unless it would run from my headphone input ???? ive neva recorded a mix lol hence the retardedness haha

were in my mixer?? surely i would need a phono to phono unless it would run from my headphone input ???? ive neva recorded a mix lol hence the retardedness haha

You should run a phono to jack from the 'booth' or 'rec' outputs on your mixer into the 'line in' or 'mic' inputs on your computer

yeah.... get adobe audition... or the newer release that is soundbooth... you can happily monitor your levels in the mixe as you go along!

Just noticed you have the VMC004XL, which as far as I know, is USB capable with a Vestax module that goes in the frontside of the mixer.

Mine had the USB from factory, but the manual for it was an addendum, and explained fitting to another vestax mixer.

usb straight into the PC record with Audacity - sounds crisp :)

anyone know any decent programs for recording a mix, ive got one but it shit n cant make it sound clear

consider investing in a proper sound card... on my old pc the recording just sucked, so I got myself an external USB Sound card with my new netbook, sounds a whole lot better now.
I'm using this one: http://www.terratec.net/en/products/Aureon_5.1_USB_MK_II_2120.html
For software, I use wavepad but I don't think it makes a big difference which one you use. It's up to personal preferences.

Back
Top Bottom