Recording a mix

dquinn09

Never done it on to my laptop before...

Any advice on programs, how to hook it all up etc.?

My mixer has usb ports etc.

Cheers crew

If your mixer is linked to your PC/laptop, then Sound Forge or Cool Edit Pro is ok to record.

i use a splitter cable to take a phono out of the mixer to a line into my laptop, audacity is a fucker but it's probably the best free recording software there is, if you're willing to pay money or if you don't mind using cracked software i recommend cool edit pro

Cheers guys... I *ahem* bought *ahem* cool edit pro... Ill give it a go.

I obviously haven't used it yet, but does it let you edit your mixes as well. I mean, does it sound map and allow you to edit out the beat drifts etc.?

not sure about the editing beat drifts thing i've never tried it, doesn't really give an accurate reflection of your mixing if you're gonna edit it afterwards but i guess if you just want a perfect mix to listen to then it's a good idea.

Cheers guys... I *ahem* bought *ahem* cool edit pro... Ill give it a go.

I obviously haven't used it yet, but does it let you edit your mixes as well. I mean, does it sound map and allow you to edit out the beat drifts etc.?

update from the same ''shop'' to adobe audition, it's the new name for cool edit and has a lot more features so you can perfect your mixes sound after recording

not sure about the editing beat drifts thing i've never tried it, doesn't really give an accurate reflection of your mixing if you're gonna edit it afterwards but i guess if you just want a perfect mix to listen to then it's a good idea.

I am just wondering... I am only really recording the mixes for myself to have a listen, though if its good enough I would burn it on to c.d for the car, and in that sense I might as well get rid of a clang should it appear. No harm in that.

Back
Top Bottom