Recording a mix with DJM800

Lorre

Hey guys

So I've been working on a mix recently until the point where I'm happy to record it. I had a DJM350 before, which had the amazing feature where I could record it straight to USB. Now I bought a DJM800 this summer, and I'm very happy with it. Now I'm looking for advice on how to record my mix.

First of all, I got a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB interface, I use my macbook to record into Logic. Hooked up the cables from my DJM to my interface, where I put the 1/8inch in the left input. This only records the left (which I think is normal), but I'd like to record stereo. I can record mono, but then most of it sounds horrible.

What am I missing, or what do I need to do?

Added pictures of my setup.

24blnxs.jpg

pyk9c.jpg

how old is the macbook? if its one of the old ones you can convert the headphone port into an input, would save alot of hastle. failing that i would try and go from rca to rca into your soundcard

You can only record mono using one channel, you'd have to put your left and rights in separately and then bounce them together in Logic.

Easier would be to get a phono to 3.5mm jack and just record using your MIC in port (if you have one)

- - - Updated - - -

oh just seen tonays posts. Your mac will deffo have a Line IN so just use that and Logic. Using Audacity definitely isnt easier tone, you're just a tech-waste :P

buy a behringer UCA202 for about £10-£20

1218047306167_bigPhoto_4.jpg

use some RCA's from the mixer Record out
plug into input on the UCA202
USB from UCA202 into laptop
open Audacity
Set record input to USB

Job done...

As a bonus you can put some RCA's from UCA202's output into a spare channel on your mixer...
Then after you have recorded something, you can play it back out of the mixer which will then in turn use the same speakers as ur decks and not the laptops internal speakers.

You can do this without using the Focusrite interface.

Go from the Record out of your mixer straight into the input/headphone socket of your Macbook. Setup Logic to record audio from that input and hit record on the audio channel.

No need to buy any other cables at all.

You can do this without using the Focusrite interface.

Go from the Record out of your mixer straight into the input/headphone socket of your Macbook. Setup Logic to record audio from that input and hit record on the audio channel.

No need to buy any other cables at all.

I already said that MATE

:teeth:

I already said that MATE

Well.........m9................If you'd have observed the picture correctly, you would have noticed that he is already using a phono to 3.5mm jack cable with a 1/4 TRS adapter on it to plug into his Focusrite.

Alright, cheers guys, made it. After one hour of recording I found out that for some reason my x-fader curve was on a different slope, so time to start over.

Back
Top Bottom