Recording a mix in Tracktor (Without USB mixer)

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dizzledee, Feb 21, 2014.

1. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Hi guys. Have been having a bit of trouble working out how to record a mix through tracktor.

I have been able to set up the recording and it seems to register the process creating an Mp3 file. However when listened to the file is just white noise.

I'm not using a USB mixer, and from internet research/my mate I understand this may be a problem.. however I have little idea what to do or even what to research in order to make this process.

Anyone able to lend a hand?

Cheers

2. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

Do you mix internally or on an external source ie turntables, cdj's etc? And do you have a traktor sound card?

3. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Which traktor box and version?

I know for the Audio 8, you need to set one of the Inputs to be for recording, take the Record Out from your mixer and plug directly into the soundcard and then you can do an internal record.

just make sure you check the recording each change. I've recorded a mix before only to find that it was only recording the Left channel. LONG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

I'm mixing externally using turntables and I don't have a tracktor soundcard, using a Mac pro which has one 3.5mm input.

I'm using audio 10, will update version later, along with the one-channel for recording info, I think that's how I set it up but I canny remember right now!

Thanks a lot guys :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  5. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

I'm running version 2.6.4 of Audio 10

My mixer does not have a record out function as far as I can tell
    [​IMG]
    Here are the settings i'm running with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it's the case that I simply need a USB mixer then I can definitely fork out the 70 quid required!

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  6. Binary_UK

Binary_UK Binary.

I had this issue a while back, worked out in the end.

Send to "External Recording" then choose External Input as "Main in" (the two input rca's on the front of your traktor soundcard).

Then use your record out on your mixer (in your case you'll need a splitter rca off your main out) and connect the rca's into the "Main in" of the sound card.

Obviously if you do this the level of your recording will be of what your master volume is, but its a way of getting it to work.

7. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Get a better mixer M9. :teeth:

8. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll be able to do it with that mixer unless you get a splitter for the mster / booth. But it involves plugging into the front of the Traktor box from the master or record out outputs. I haven't done it in a while though.