Recordin' Mixes?

Ab0|2Ti0N

WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???
VIP Junglist
I've been recordin' mixes with my tape deck for some time now. I wanna move on to CD's because people i give my mixtapes to don't have an 8-track, plus it's about time i switch over to recordin' mixes on CD's. My computer is ghetto as fuck so that's out of the question. I need something besides a computer that will hook up to my set up. I currently have Stanton Str8-80 decks and the Stanton SK6 Mixer (just cause they aren't technic's, or vestax, don't mean i can't tear it up :zest:)
One of my friends told me to cop a Mini Disc Player.
Any suggestions/tips? Thanks. :lighter:

yep, it holds a good nine hours of high quality sound, small enough to use as a walkman

:gslayer:

i would definatly consider a minidisc player as the playback quality is crisp. the only drawback is that each disc is about 1hr long

nosher said:
i would definatly consider a minidisc player as the playback quality is crisp. the only drawback is that each disc is about 1hr long

What mini disc playa do you suggest?
What programs do i have to get on my computer to make a cd etc. Cause i wanna make mix cd's to give out. :zest:

personally i would get a sony mzn710 which costs around £160. im not sure which program would be best to use but i'll find out and let u know.

SoundForge for editing, Nero for burning.

Dont get a mini-disc for this purpose dude

with this software its possible to record straight into your PC anyway

The problem is my good computer is no where near my decks. The comp that is, is a piece. Im lookin' for free software or reasonable price. I just wanna make some mix cd's. Nothing to crazy. :zest:

I'm with Mesh. Use Soundforge to record / remaster and Nero to burn.

Most minidisc players use a type of file compression that is difficult to repair when you try to remaster your disc. (You won't hear your lowest lows and your highs will appear sharp and whispy.) However if you are going to use a minidisc it is not a bad choice if you have to be carrying a computer back and forth to your decks.

It really depends on what you want. Do you want people to listen to your mix on their 300 dollar headphones or on their 50 dollar stereo that their mom got them for christmas 7 years ago. Of course the headphones will reveal a lot about how you did your recording, and surely will provide you a better sound, should the recording permit it. I would suggest trying to get a hold of a really good set of headphones and do some empirical testing on your own to find out whats best for you.

Ab0|2Ti0N said:
The problem is my good computer is no where near my decks. The comp that is, is a piece. Im lookin' for free software or reasonable price. I just wanna make some mix cd's. Nothing to crazy. :zest:

thats where buying a lot of cables and some soldering skills come in handy :2thumbs:

Ab0|2Ti0N said:

psst... for <wink>free</wink> software

pm me..

Back
Top Bottom