recorded mix... techy rollers and soulful uplifting.

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
http://soundcloud.com/dj-buster/buster-january-11

S.P.Y - By Your Side
>> High Contrast -If we Ever
Fred V - Catch you
A Sides/DJ Die - One DJ
Siren - Snorkel
Nosia + Alix Pirez - Underprint
Icicle - Driftwood
Phace - Strange Science
Jubei - Distrust
Break + Fierce - Galleon
Break - All thats left
Netsky - Refuse ( shock one remix)
Danny Byrd - We can have it all
Sigma - Something Special
Alicia Keys - Unthinkable ( lenzman bootleg)
Brockie + Ed solo - Turntable one

Please leave me some feedback as to waht you think of this. First double drop is a bit sketch and last tune was just thrown in. Did this just messing about at home.. wasnt planned. But still need feedback if u all would be so kind, Tell me if u think i should just sell up and start fishing ;)

safe

by ur side >> if we ever .. was cool, they went together nicely and i liked the bass switch, goes a bit iffy later on, should have cut it away earlier.
> catch u .. i cant stand this sort of music personally, mix was ok tho.
> 1 dj .. sounded cool until they doubled, wasn't sure about the basses together, keeping catch u a lot lower in the mix would have helped i think.
> snorkel .. bit less bass on 1 dj to make some room, but sounded cool. a crackle sound then 1 dj was back in the mix, not sure what happened there.
> underprint .. nice .. i liked the cheeky crossfades.. came in a bit quiet tho, u can see ur wave form on SC drop a little. fx used after the mix, not bad slightly wet but sounded good.
> driftwood .. cool lil crossfade sections. sounded good together, less bass on underprint on the drop, driftwood felt really loud, probably coz underprint was quiet. check ur levels.
> strange science .. wicked! didn't like it when u brought it back again, should have left it out.
> distrust .. was good, too much bass on both tunes tho, theres no room for both bassines to be playing full at the same time, turn one down for a smoother ride
> Galleon .. my fav mix so far. real good, lil less bass on galleon then knock it back up when u finish the mix.
> all thats left .. clean and squezy
> refuse .. not bad sound wise, think you started the mix a bit early time wise, they dropped together at odd points.
> we can have it all .. bit sudden but not a prob really. the tune itself i cant stand
> something special .. yeah cool
> whoa a late comeback from have it all, i woudn't have bothered, the conflicting vocals are a bit much but the tunes do sit good apart from that.
> unthinkable .. cool . u cut the bass from something special a lil early tho, should have switched them like a boss at the drop.
> turntable one .. grrrr i like that gritty bass with the soothing piano together.

overall mate, i can hear the improvement from that last one i listened to. ur beat matching is much tighter and the mixes sound better.
the only thing i would say is eq ur bass better. if ur having 2 tunes play together with both bass levels up its gonna red line guaranteed. turn one down, if not all the way down, this will make the treble stick out more tho, so u might need to turn that down slightly, but will make the mix sound that much smoother. practice recording the same mix several times eqing it different and see which sounds best. i recommend the distrust and galleon mix coz they sound hench together!

by ur side >> if we ever .. was cool, they went together nicely and i liked the bass switch, goes a bit iffy later on, should have cut it away earlier.
> catch u .. i cant stand this sort of music personally, mix was ok tho.
> 1 dj .. sounded cool until they doubled, wasn't sure about the basses together, keeping catch u a lot lower in the mix would have helped i think.
> snorkel .. bit less bass on 1 dj to make some room, but sounded cool. a crackle sound then 1 dj was back in the mix, not sure what happened there.
> underprint .. nice .. i liked the cheeky crossfades.. came in a bit quiet tho, u can see ur wave form on SC drop a little. fx used after the mix, not bad slightly wet but sounded good.
> driftwood .. cool lil crossfade sections. sounded good together, less bass on underprint on the drop, driftwood felt really loud, probably coz underprint was quiet. check ur levels.
> strange science .. wicked! didn't like it when u brought it back again, should have left it out.
> distrust .. was good, too much bass on both tunes tho, theres no room for both bassines to be playing full at the same time, turn one down for a smoother ride
> Galleon .. my fav mix so far. real good, lil less bass on galleon then knock it back up when u finish the mix.
> all thats left .. clean and squezy
> refuse .. not bad sound wise, think you started the mix a bit early time wise, they dropped together at odd points.
> we can have it all .. bit sudden but not a prob really. the tune itself i cant stand
> something special .. yeah cool
> whoa a late comeback from have it all, i woudn't have bothered, the conflicting vocals are a bit much but the tunes do sit good apart from that.
> unthinkable .. cool . u cut the bass from something special a lil early tho, should have switched them like a boss at the drop.
> turntable one .. grrrr i like that gritty bass with the soothing piano together.

overall mate, i can hear the improvement from that last one i listened to. ur beat matching is much tighter and the mixes sound better.
the only thing i would say is eq ur bass better. if ur having 2 tunes play together with both bass levels up its gonna red line guaranteed. turn one down, if not all the way down, this will make the treble stick out more tho, so u might need to turn that down slightly, but will make the mix sound that much smoother. practice recording the same mix several times eqing it different and see which sounds best. i recommend the distrust and galleon mix coz they sound hench together!

wicked mate nice one. cheers for this.

Back
Top Bottom