Record stores

daniel_91

Hi,

Im heading down to london at the weekend to visit some mates, was just wondering what are the best record stores to go to in london. Wanna grab some vinyl from an actual store instead of from the net. Just wanna know which are the best stores for latest releases and have a good selection of drum n bass to look through. Probs gonna end up spending a fortune haha

Cheers

The obvious one to go to is downstair at BM in soho. The selection isn't always great in there though as they only get a couple of copies of each tune so you have to get there as soon as they get them in.
Its still worth a look though.

my favourite is Banquet Records though. Whenever a new tune is out they will always have a copy. The people who work there are well alright as well.

If you go to Soho then as mentioned check out BM. I prefer SisterRay tho, much bigger selection plus a few old tunes you might not have. Also check out reckless records a few doors down. Does second hand vinyl, but I have picked up loads of big tunes from there :)

BM Soho, Sister Ray, Phonica, Sounds Of The Universe.

Phonica is probably where i get most of my vinyl these days.

I just did a bit of record shopping in London myself about a week ago - Sister Ray and Reckless were pretty good, worth checking out, although both lean towards 2nd hand rather than new stuff.

Not sure where to recommend for upfront stuff, BM Soho probably.

Wsrecords in bedford, guy who owns it is sound, always got the new bits. Always order over phone/email with him just cause u get that little bit more customer service. Will be taking a trip down there soon i think

If you go to Soho then as mentioned check out BM. I prefer SisterRay tho, much bigger selection plus a few old tunes you might not have. Also check out reckless records a few doors down. Does second hand vinyl, but I have picked up loads of big tunes from there :)

Yeah there are a few 2nd hand places around there.
I've managed to pick up some decent tunes for £2

Wsrecords in bedford, guy who owns it is sound, always got the new bits. Always order over phone/email with him just cause u get that little bit more customer service. Will be taking a trip down there soon i think

Berner is wicked totally perfect even let's me preorder off him

Also well worth checking out music exchange in notting hill. All second hand but you do occasionally find a hidden gem in there. Rough trade is also pretty good

Back
Top Bottom