Record - Neptune

duttymonster

deep in the jungle
had a play around with this for the first time last night.

as much as i hate auto-tune's influence on music right now (especially hip-hop)
i've got to say that it's awesome.

really powerful - love the vibrato control.

basically means i can now sing :D

anyone else had a play with it yet?

got it but havent used it yet. h8 my voice - even auto tuned lol
however i sampled my m8 the other day (who can sing) - so i might have a go this weekend with neptune.
But yeah would love to hear what you have made with it :)

i've only been using it to re-pitch pre-recorded vocal samples at mo as don't currently have hardware interface for mic.

i will post a little clip of variation with it though if you would like?

nah man - propellerheads stuff all stand alone - only draw back - im sure you could rewire it though,
but you'd be better getting a plug in cost wise.

here is the re-pitch i did of mc neat little bit vocal.

it's a mess timing wise, i still need to master this tuner, but this took me no more than about 30mins all in....

Last edited:
lol.

JIMJIM you'll have to let me know how you get on with record, i'm a complete noob to it and haven't read the manual yet
but the mixer and on board mastering seems pretty powerful. i've heard people say that they stop using reason once they
get the hang of it. i think i'll still do my complex work in reason and then do my mixing/mastering in record. I seem to be
able to get some nice mid range bass distortion from the new bass amp on there too - get more typical d&b sounding
distortion from it than scream IMO.

i'm loving the slick interface of reason 5 having made the switch straight from 3.

i quite like the idea of re-pitching other samples in neptune like upright bass loops and stuff - might have a crack at that today,
see what it sounds like.

yeah record does look good but i havent really been using it - bit put off by the new mixer and interface.
i like the way you can work with audio in record - but i am loving reason 5 (used to have 4) - do everything in there at the moment.
But i am going to start using record more - there is soo much you can do with neptune its crazy.
all the best m8

Back
Top Bottom