Recommends D&B cd to buy

newloverofd&b

HELP!

I recently went to ministry of sound when the big drum and bass night was on. i had such a wicked time and cant stop hearing drum and bass in my head...

if anyone has any recommendations for drum and bass cds for a a newbie like me to go out and buy please let me know. really want to get into this music more ..

thanks champs!

:)

Before all the vinyl only purist newb haters get involved...

Try...

DJ Marky - Movement - The Brazilian Job
The Moving Shadow 98.0 etc series (originally 99p each and should still be available cheaply if you search, most of them cover a very nice range of styles)
Roni Size - Reprazent New Forms and anything else...
DJ Hype - Jungle Massive & 21st Century Breakbeat
Andy C - Nightlife series
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
VALVE - Big Bad Bass & KillaHertz
Shy FX - Diary of a digital Soundbwoy

&

The cover mount cds on KNOWLEDGE magazine are usually very good...And you'll learn summat from the magazine.

But 1st d/l some of the mixes in the mix section of this forum!

& on the www.break-neck.com website audio.

I'd also say, if you're new, then buying Dbl cds, with one cd of unmixed trx and one with them DJ mixed is a nice way to find out what kind of tracks you like, and how DnB DJ sets work.

:flowers:

logistics - now more than ever

friction - the next level 1 & 2

andy c - nightlife series (1, 2, 3)

and check out every goldie release you can find (classics that will stand the test of time)

london electricity live...

and of course the latest quarantine cd... raw, beautiful and absolutely distinguished dnb from the masterminds of dnb! fuck yeah!

Last edited:
Also...

you could try to find out / remember what DJs were playing at Ministry the night you went and then track down their mix cds...

Most of the big names have done em.

A couple of good cds I picked up recently are

Original Drum & Bass Selection
Drum & Bass Sessions 2

They're both double cds which are unmixed & contain a lot of classic tunes covering the whole dnb spectrum. Well worth the price (think I got em 2 for a tenner). Not many fillers here imo :D

As far as mixed cds go the Liquid V ones are good, as long as you like MCs.

But the best (& cheapest) way to work out what you like is has to be either radio or internet radio. You get the most upfront tunes, which are being played in the clubs aswell. Just can't buy em yet (n)

My personal favourites of the moment are -

Chase & Status - Bingo Sessions Vol. 3

Friction - The Next Level 2 (which has a standard but slightly Renegade Hardware style mix CD with lots of fresh tunes + a liquid funk CD too, all for £7.99 from www.play.com!)

and for something a little darker -

Dieselboy - The Human Resource :slayer:

oh and of course jenna g - for lost friends and skc - killing me softly :P

loads and loads more to tell, just memory isn't as good as it used to be... :spliff:

little bit more

1) calibre - second sun
2) marcus intalex - soul:ution vol 1
3) high contrast - true colors & high society

Last edited:
Nice selection for you there :2thumbs: Most ones I could think of have already been said. I agree with Breakneck in that Knowledge magazine cover CDs are worth picking up. With the CD and magazine for £4 its a bargain. Some of the best drum & bass mix CDs I own have been Knowledge covermounts so keep an eye out for them :2thumbs:

There might be some heavier shit you could get into too -
check Metalheadz, Freak and Renegade Hardware label compilations, they usually have a mix CD too

I second the Moving Shadow bargain series, all of them are quality.

Other good newcomer CD's that haven't been mentioned yet:

Photek - Solaris
Adam F - Colours
Industry's 21st Century Dnb 3xCD
Any of the Fabric Dnb CDs, especially Hype, Grooverider and J Majik
Andy C's Nightlife series
Dillinja presents Cybotron

(y)

If you like your dnb and are willing to hear new things get yourself on down to PURE DJ WATFORD (Tel 01923 249074)

We have not only the finest in dnb but house, gay-rage (garage) and grime.

You can get a variety of mix cd's, the usual retail sold ones or even our own resident dj's who try to keep as up to date with the newest tunes out atm.

So if your in the area or just craving a new banging mix cd then come check the pure family at market street, watford!

Safe

Big Up!

Dj Slick

Back
Top Bottom