Recommendations for record player

Hunger_force

West coast Suburbanite
I want to start a record collection, but I need to buy a record player. Records are completely new to me and I have no idea what I should look for in a player. Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Don't agree.

If you want to dj, Technics are good.

But for home listening, you can get better and cheaper.

DJ use is not home use.

I won't answer the question about what to buy because a price range hasn't been given.

The Technics SL-1200 MK2 is Meatwad approved. Some Meatwad slipmatts would be keen, someone should get on that!

Its more complicated than that. The advanced arm and head work together to process all wobble and simplistic beats through a patented electro-mechanic system that transforms TC & Clipz records into "Propa DNB (TM)".

Proper record players don't plug into speakers, you also need an amp.

150 what? Note that the majority of posters here don't live in the USA, unlike most other forums.

Sorry for the confusion, a USD is a united states dollar. How is this one. I like the idea of recording the records to my HD. http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-...NVM/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_0/105-1950480-4858856

From what I've heard about this TT the sound quality is no match for a proper hifi TT. As such even the cheapest Project TT (around £130) will far outperform this deck in terms of sound quality. If you want to connect it to a computer you can either use a standard phono preamp plugged into the line in on your soundcard or a usb preamp/soundcard.

That usb turntable is a ripoff. It doesn't even start and stop when you press record on the computer. There is no point buying it, you can just record sound from a normal hifi setup with exactly the same effort.

Technics 1210s are the only way forward! will last you the rest of your natural life (and it'll still keep turning after that)

spot on, fuck it even vestax will do...

make sure you get a mixer and you'll never look back.

HONEST.

Back
Top Bottom