Recommend Three....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Mulla, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

...Films you've seen lately

Last weekend before payday so I plan to just chill and watch some dvds tomorrow. Anyone got anything worth seeing? I'll recommend three too, so I dont feel left out...

1. Carandiru - Heavy Brazilian film about the massacre at the Carandiru prison back in '92.

2. Dead Mans Shoes - Best Brit film Ive seen in yeeeeeears. Rent/Buy now!

3. Old Boy - Nice twisted Korean film which finally came out last month

2. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

carandiru is a wicked flick. tho id does require a strong stomach..loads of blood in a "city of god" style..
    :rambo:

3. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

hell yeah, City of God is the shit. Great movie.

hmmm... some random goodies that come to mind.

Requiem For A Dream (2000)

Swingers (1996)

Big Trouble In Little China (1986)

:zest:

4. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

Volcano High (2001) - a Korean film it's a bit like a cross between the Matrix and Saved by the bell...

Azumi (2003) - a japanese film about a (fucking fit!!!) female assassin - includes lots of fighting and ninjas...

Hitman (1998') - a chinese film about a hitman with a remarkable talent for deliberately missing his targets, one of Jet li's best films imo...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  5. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

SAW - Thought it was fookin' good, the only Hollywood film of late that I haven't actually worked out by the end, and it genuinely surprised me. Good twisted thriller. Watch it.

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: Constantine - Based on the DC/Vertigo comic book Hellblazer and written by Kevin Brodbin, Mark Bomback and Frank Capello, Constantine tells the story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), who has literally been to hell and back.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - Ron Burgundy is San Diego's top rated newsman in the male dominated broadcasting of the 1970's, but that's all about to change when a new female employee with ambition to burn arrives in his office.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: Hostage - A failed police negotiator turned small town cop, must save the lives of a family held hostage, which draws him into a much more dangerous situation.

I've rated these using the :teeth: rating system.

7. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

right...

Life of David Gale....Kevin Spacey plays a anti-capital punishment, sacked tutor, who is soon to be executed for murder. A bit heavy as a film, but Alan Parker has as always wipped everyone on the set, and the acting is spot on.

Summer Of Sam....Spike lee's take on real events, back in 77. Murderer on the loose, and a few frustrated italians.

True Romance....Written by Tarantino, so guns n' blood is heavilly involved. And while drulling over Patricia Arquette, watch the best love story ever put on film, (well, maybe after Natural Born Killers..) , and Brad Pitt's perfectly acted scenes, that shot him into fame :teeth:

8. mesh

mesh Active Member

The Fog of War, excellent documentary on the life and lessons of former US Secretary of Defence Robert McNamara.

Envy, Ben Stiller and Jack Black, fairly amusing comedy.

Colors, rented this old fave a couple weeks back. For some reason my favourite gang film ever.
    "Lets walk down, and fuck em all" (y)

Saw is awesome, made by some film students from Melbourne. Anchorman is good too I've heard.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  9. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

You know this bro, probably one of my favourite films ever!!!

Was watching this on Sky One last week lol, such a good film! Have you seen The Warriors?

Nice! Been thinking about seeing this, but thought it could either be really good or really shit...but will definately check it out now!

10. instinct_dnb

instinct_dnb WAY OF LIFE.........

yeah wicked!
    " WHO R THE WARRIORS? THERE MUST BE SOME WORD?"
    here's mine:
    1.SCUM
    2.ROMPER STOMPA
    3.BLAZING SADDLES ( all time favourite, nearly shit
    myself i laughin sooo hard )

11. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

sounds like a good plot, but i just cant watch mr.The One..

i just cant man.... :chainsaw:

12. Orbit887

Orbit887 Member

defo one of my fav all time film

Three I'l recommend are....

1) Spirited Away - Amazing animation film, crazy creatures and loveable charachters - even if you don't like animated stuff - check this is well worth checking out - you won't be dissapointed.

2) Napoleon Dynamite - Film that pleasently suprised me by watching it, slightly sow moving at times, but so much comedy in it - and I bet you can relate loads of the characters in it to people you knew when you were in school :uberlaugh:

3) Saturday Night Fever - Dunno why, but there's something about this film I love - not the usual choice for me to watch, maybe it's all them funky disco beats :teeth:

13. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

Presuming you're going to rent dvd's - not download them:

Requiem for a Dream like another guy said - Just so totally random, freaked me out proper and you get to feel so sorry for all the characters!
    The Butterfly Effect - So deep and crazy and has a cool plot; especially towards the end.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Kate Winslet...with blue/red/green hair!

14. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Try these out:

Iron Monkey - An absoloute must if your into your kung fu films. Kind of a robin hood style plot but the fight scences are epic & you've gotta see the kid fighting it will blow you away!!

Point Break - Keanu Reeves in one of his best roles, old school but is very entertaining plus the lead singer from the Chilli Peppers is in it.

I Robot - Loved this film when it came out thought it was wicked & special FX are pretty damn good.

15. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Drunken Master - Jackie Chan's first major film role, and the definitive kung fu movie

Shaolin Soccer - Stephen Zhou, China's version of Mike Myers, super funny film

Ichi the Killer - One of the most fucked up films I've seen, pure Japanese gore fest

16. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Heavy film! My missus got this on DVD but I wasnt so keen to watch it as I cant stand Ashton Kutcher (sp) but was really surprised at how good it was.

:lighter:

17. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

Yeah I agree Ashton Kutcher is a bit of a weirdo... but I didn't even realise it was him acting until the end as I thought it was so good!