Recommend some sample packs for liquid dnb

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dubsta, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend some sample packs worth picking up for makeing liquid tracks......looking for some new melodies, sweeps, chords, piano's......soulful stuff.

2. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

any sample pack m8 really. its down to u as a producer to arrange the beats n make the sounds

3. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

oh yeah i know that.....but was wanted to get some fresh inspiration and sounds to work with. A few of my friends have recommended an icicle pack for reason.

4. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

I wouldn't have thought the Icicle pack was geared towards the liquid sound? I could be wrong, though.

5. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

yeah i thought that too but one of my mates said its got some wicked sounds in it for liquid productions....i always considered icicle to be more about the darker stuff

6. ironixx

ironixx Member

Hello Dubsta :)
    Dont know really which ones (sample packs) do you already own so i would give a try to "slo motion tokyo soundscapes" by loopmasters. Crazy pack to be honest if i cant find something that fit my track I always browse through this one :).
    But im not sure about how soulful it is :>
    Just give a try ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

make your own!?

8. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Danny Byrd's Artist Series sample pack (via Loopmasters) will have what you need. The Lynx pack too has some a couple different flavors that could be applied to Liquid.

9. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

for drums, just about any DNB sample pack with a large amount of breaks is good.

As far as everything else, relying on sample packs for your musical content is a bit of a cop out.... Especially piano and instruments! Get creative sampling, sample some old shit nobody else has, or something you think is gonna set you apart. Finding the right samples should be something special that gives you your own style. Sampling is uber fun. But atleast learn how to do your own sweeps if you have to thats a basic synth skill

Saying that if you have to use a sample pack at least chop and process the samples into something original

10. GlynW

GlynW Member

I agree with this! But yeah Danny Byrd does some nice packs as well as a Nu:Tone one...I have loads and loads of packs including one called Liquid DNB Sample pack I have no idea where I got it from or who give me it but they do exist...

11. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

yeah i agree with all the above.....i make almost all my sounds from scratch or at least if its a sample from a sample pack, by the time ive finished messing with it, its unrecognisable from the original....just want some fresh new sounds to play with and get some ideas and inspiration......ive been using the same samples and instraments for five years....so thought its time to get some new stuff.

For drums im sorted......i make these from scratch got thousands of drum samples.

Its mainly, the more musical side of things im after like melodies and piano stabs ect

12. Gui11aum3

Gui11aum3 New Member

Dude the best sample pack you can ever get is a good quality field recorder. Seriously.

13. GoldenGinge

GoldenGinge Member

The Icicle one does have some nice drum hits in. Danny Byrd one is good for drums too. Liquid DnB essentials pack. Erm, just that kinda stuff

14. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

While this may be true when it comes to capturing some sounds that can later be mangled in your DAW of choice (which is a greatly creative idea), the fact of the matter is that sooner or later you'll need to obtain some proper samples (specifically drum hits) that have been properly recorded in an acoustically sound environment via quality hardware. Yes, this can be done with a field recorded, but you'll be left cleaning up the excess background noise and such. To add, you most likely won't be able to catch much of the resonance if you were to try to capture a snare hit with a field recorded alone.

Just my .02.

Cheers.