Recommend some rollers

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Whilst mixing a new record (Icicle - Spartan) i've realised my record collection is lacking in straight up rollers. My collection is mainly anthems, which means it's hard to create that more gradual build up of energy, and is also no good for smooth seamless mixes. I realise when I start playing out anthem bashing would not do me any favours.

So I need some top quality tunes which I can have fun practicing smooth mixing. Nothing too liquid.

Any suggestions?:cool:

Commix 'Be True' , 'Talk to Frank' and its various remixes
Bad Company 'True Romance'

Can't really think of any more right now, best just go to a record shop (real life or online) and pick some out by listening to them. Each to their own tastes and all that.

Nothing wrong with anthem bashing when your playing to some noneducated D&B listeners :razz:

Most recent ones that I play off the top of my head...

Subwave - Think
Spectrasoul - Alibi
Zenith LP Part 1 (Break - Run Off, Day One etc etc)
Break - Subversion EP
Shogun Assassins Vol.3

Paint_Roller.jpg

what u need is a simple roller tbh, not too expensive, but it does the job accurately and efficiently, i used this one on my room afew weeks back and i strongly recommend it to another dnb head looking for some help, you should be able to pikc it up in your local b&qs!

Recent tunes Ive been playing are are icicle and spectrasoul- Body language and wounded, both phat collaboration roller business, back again and moving to fast by survival, enigma (calibre remix) by break... i dunno, anything by break, survival, state of mind (without light and space surfer are sick options), ummm trei and dose have some wicked rollers, i'd reccomend the other part of me by these guys, proper nasty little roller... also check out Kryptic minds and leon switch's stuff. Redeyes and zero T also have some deep roller business man. Theres loads of options, i'd check out labels like Dispatch and critical mate :)

Bad Company 'True Romance'

The flip Bellini is far superior imo.

Can't go wrong with a bit of Survival, Marcas, Aperture, Lomax's solo stuff, some of Break's rollers like Authentic, Calibre new(ish) output like Thoughless and Flip It on Digital Soundboy, and plenty of tunes on Critical (y)

Most recent ones that I play off the top of my head...

Subwave - Think
Spectrasoul - Alibi
Zenith LP Part 1 (Break - Run Off, Day One etc etc)
Break - Subversion EP
Shogun Assassins Vol.3

Nice one, thanks for the reccomendations. I found 30 quid on the floor at work last night so i'm off to Tripp2 records now :cool:

i'll be thinking of you when i'm eating that kebab and sippin' on stella later.

AND WHEN I'M USING MY PUNCH BAG YEAH.

that new Big Bud Tune - White Widow is HUGE.

Check some of these artists:

Spectrasoul
commix
icicle
break
older marcus intalex
calibre
survival
sabre

that should get you ROLLIN !!

Fucking love 5 or so straight rollers in a row. Keeps a real vibe going and its so much fun switching the basslines back and forth.

Oh and Subversion EP by Break is what you want.

Back
Top Bottom