Recommend new good clownstep 12"s please

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Yes yes don't laugh. I'm serious!

I've finally broken down and I would like to purchase 10 new clownstep records. I'm out of the loop so please recommend to me whats hot and widely avalible right now.

I want to make such a mix for listening to in my new Mini Cooper so I can rock out like Ali G. I'm kind of sick of listening to 'ardkore and deep house at the moment too. I want to buy the records because no one on here knows how to make 320kbps mp3 bedroom dj mixes and I'm a bit of an audiophile.

Thanks in advance. Currently listening to the Zombie label samples on juno records. I'm kinda looking for records that are like Dillinja's "Twist Em Out" (A record I wish I bought).

Last edited:
Think Ali G drives a Renault 5....

If you are serious though, I'm not really sure what you mean - do you really want to listen to a load of the modern noisy jump up stuff that's popular... Hazard, Taxman, G Dub/Origional Sin, DJ Pleasure, Logan D, anything on Dirty Needle Recordings...

Erm that's all I can think of right now...

I feel dirty saying all that, I can't stand any of that stuff...

Think Ali G drives a Renault 5....

If you are serious though, I'm not really sure what you mean - do you really want to listen to a load of the modern noisy jump up stuff that's popular... Hazard, Taxman, G Dub/Origional Sin, DJ Pleasure, Logan D, anything on Dirty Needle Recordings...

Erm that's all I can think of right now...

I feel dirty saying all that, I can't stand any of that stuff...

yeh... but when your saying clown step do you mean ACTUAL! clown step.... as in tunes by producers like "S.M.O.K.E"??.... coz thats REAL clownstep!

although Hazard and everyone does have tendancies to go on the slightly cheezy side i wouldnt generalise them as being being "Clown Step"......

you really want to look towards people like.... Nero or s.m.o.k.e.... if you want full out cheese fest...... or maybe some of clips's stuff....

if u really mean jump up and not what i would classify as clownstep, check the ones greg mentioned and browse through nu-urban's release-list, they publish lots of jump up stuff atm.

or just go through the "latest vinyl purchases"-thread, lots of jump-up buyers in there ;)

Yeah good to see 1992 back in the hood...

Think a lot of people are starting to use the term clownstep to describe modern jump up, but really it was first used as a quick throwaway term for tunes with that swing beat rythm that is in Bodyrock (what is that, 12/8 or something?)...

Dunno what people really mean by it though :confused:

Clownstep is back baby yeah! lol... I take you mean jump up?? Lets not get technical about what clownstep is.. i just class it as throw away tonuge in cheek dancefloor wobbly stuff like Machete or whatever

mate there is soooooo much of that shit about now its untrue.. infact thats pretty much all dnb is at the moment..

Working for Nu Urban i gotta be careful what i say lol.... but

http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/shop/all_jumpup.php

fill your boots!!!

Last edited:
Don't use the term clownstep for jump-up because that's an insult to the music & producers.

Its the dnb equivalent of using a racial epitaph, "Can anybody recommend me some of that n***** music?"

Don't use the term clownstep for jump-up because that's an insult to the music & producers.

Its the dnb equivalent of using a racial epitaph, "Can anybody recommend me some of that n***** music?"

:word: in fact don't use the term clownstep at all...

Who wrote the Wikipedia entry on clownstep? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clownstep) Was that anyone here?

The part about the phrase being coined by Dylan is spot on, I read that somewhere else too (but forgot it was Dylan)...

the best CLOWNSTEP12" in 2008 will probably be :

original sin - don't be silly / cheater-chear - ganja 025

the second best CLOWNSTEP 12" in 2008 will probably be :

clipz - loud & dirt (feat. shiv) / push it up (TC Remix)

no soul, no passion, sound like something horrible sampled from teletubbies and won't be worth a penny in 6 months, but it'll make everyone next to you jump like a kid in a candy store! :slayer:

Last edited:
the best CLOWNSTEP12" in 2008 will probably be :

original sin - don't be silly / cheater-chear - ganja 025

the second best CLOWNSTEP 12" in 2008 will probably be :

clipz - loud & dirt (feat. shiv) / push it up (TC Remix)

no soul, no passion, sound like something horrible sampled from teletubbies and won't be worth a penny in 6 months, but it'll make everyone next to you jump like a kid in a candy store! :slayer:

lol... yeah.. cue big old argument...

but to honest i think id agree to an extent. shhh

Last edited:
some please do an icestep article so we can sit bac and watch everybody shit themselves over it.

it's already listed on the wiki dnb page.

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

mate clownstep is an insult, ive only ever heard it to descirbe someone with no taste in music? i.e- "Yer gary loves his CLOWNSTEP, what a meg" i would never call a tune i like clownstep and never say itll be worthless in a few months. Thats jus wen ive come across it though.

Secondly and no offence intended if you like it but loud and dirty is well annoying i hate it passionately. that tc remix is pretty sik tho - probably end up buying it :|

Clownstep is certainly the perfect name for this style of DnB and thank you for the responses thus far.

I've already gotten 3 records from the Zombie label in my Juno cart and two so-so / slightly blah records from Micky Finn and Aphrodite. I forgot about Clipz, he certainly is the clownstep don from what I remember hearing from him many moons ago.

some please do an icestep article so we can sit bac and watch everybody shit themselves over it.

it's already listed on the wiki dnb page.

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Icestep? Is that like a new term for tech step? Last time I checked techstep was called Nerofunk but maybe its Icestep now... who knows...

Back
Top Bottom