recommend new cartirdges + styli

fonik

think styli is the plural of stylus?!

anyway, boring, but as thread title suggests...

thinking about standard ortofons - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/ortofon-concorde-pro-s-cartridge-twin-pack/302918-01/

but anyone got any other good recommendations? my current ones (some cheapo stanton ortofon copies) are finally on the way out having lasted me for about 5 years. dont mind paying a bit more for good quality/durability etc.

was thinking also about some shure cartridges + needles and some old school technics headshells..

info/tips etc very welcome :)

i cant stand concorde types.
i think they look shit. other than their appearance they have no benefits over standard carts. so why bother with them? because they are more expensive? thats not a good reason.
i know some people like them but they'll probably grow out of it in time.

as mentioned the shures are the standard choice.
ortofon pro s / stanton 500 - are both ok too.

i cant stand concorde types.
i think they look shit. other than their appearance they have no benefits over standard carts. so why bother with them? because they are more expensive? thats not a good reason.
i know some people like them but they'll probably grow out of it in time.

I said the same thing to a mate of mine, he likes them because he can see exactly where he's putting the needle, that seems like the only benefit

only place i can find the shures is on amazon.com. vexing.

$340 for two (mounted on technics headshells). are they really £100 better than the ortofons??

Shures M447.

I used to have them, changed it up for no apparent reason, got Concordes, biggest mistake ever, sincerely regret changing.

M447 all the way.

Shure 447 or 44G

what they said

only place i can find the shures is on amazon.com. vexing.

$340 for two (mounted on technics headshells). are they really £100 better than the ortofons??

theyre ~£60 over here without the headshell, surely you can find somewhere else that sells them? Ebay?

Back
Top Bottom