recommend new cartirdges + styli

fonik

think styli is the plural of stylus?!

anyway, boring, but as thread title suggests...

thinking about standard ortofons - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/ortofon-concorde-pro-s-cartridge-twin-pack/302918-01/

but anyone got any other good recommendations? my current ones (some cheapo stanton ortofon copies) are finally on the way out having lasted me for about 5 years. dont mind paying a bit more for good quality/durability etc.

was thinking also about some shure cartridges + needles and some old school technics headshells..

info/tips etc very welcome :)

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
i cant stand concorde types.
i think they look shit. other than their appearance they have no benefits over standard carts. so why bother with them? because they are more expensive? thats not a good reason.
i know some people like them but they'll probably grow out of it in time.

as mentioned the shures are the standard choice.
ortofon pro s / stanton 500 - are both ok too.

Shatner's Bosom

murder TANMUSHIMUSHI
VIP Junglist
i cant stand concorde types.
i think they look shit. other than their appearance they have no benefits over standard carts. so why bother with them? because they are more expensive? thats not a good reason.
i know some people like them but they'll probably grow out of it in time.
I said the same thing to a mate of mine, he likes them because he can see exactly where he's putting the needle, that seems like the only benefit

fonik

only place i can find the shures is on amazon.com. vexing.

$340 for two (mounted on technics headshells). are they really £100 better than the ortofons??

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Shures M447.

I used to have them, changed it up for no apparent reason, got Concordes, biggest mistake ever, sincerely regret changing.
Shure 447 or 44G
what they said

only place i can find the shures is on amazon.com. vexing.

$340 for two (mounted on technics headshells). are they really £100 better than the ortofons??
theyre ~£60 over here without the headshell, surely you can find somewhere else that sells them? Ebay?