Recommend more tunes like these?

SYSTEM-J

I figured I'd come to a dedicated D&B forum to ask this question. I really love drum 'n bass but mainly listen to atmospheric/liquid/ambient/whatever D&B (ASC is my favourite producer), and I don't really follow what's going on in the D&D world. So when I find some tunes outside the more chilled end of the spectrum I don't really know where to go to find similar material.

Anyway, I've come across a couple of tunes I really like, and was wondering if anyone could name more tracks along the same lines. Both these tracks are quite accessible, with big melodies and lots of filthy bass. I found them on Ammunition Records, but the rest of their catalogue leans more towards neurofunk (?).

Incube - Starscream
Flame & Encode - Space Pioneer

I know there are lot of genre politics in drum 'n bass, and perhaps this kind of stuff is regarded as uber-cheesy amongst D&B fans. I ask you not to be harsh on me - I simply think these tracks are a huge amount of fun.

Oh, and it looks like conventional Youtube embedding doesn't work on this forum. Damn.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;IxZeTCVsmJc]http://youtu.be/IxZeTCVsmJc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;nS0JvtdT8lI]http://youtu.be/nS0JvtdT8lI[/video]

Hey man, love the deeper end of things also and ASC is also one my fave producers. If you haven't already checked out the other artists signed on his label. Sam KDC has released some quality tunes on a deeper vibe and Consequence is one of most forward thinking producers in the game IMO. Also if you haven't checked it, the whole autonomic sound , artists like Instra:mental (before their album), dBridge, Synkro et al . On a more glitchy top but also producing some amazingly deep stuff try bop. That's all I have got right now, there is loads out there- get searching!

check out the label Neosignal too.

Last edited by a moderator:
came across that incube tune a while ago, straight away reminded me of this (but nowhere near as good)

also check this out, new Audio LP forthcoming on virus recordings in a few weeks time....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom