recommend me some decent yet affordable studio headphones

pete_c

looking to invest in some headphones so i can work on beats on my lunch break/on the go etc i have a pair of those shitty 7 quid numark ones which sound racked off

krk kns-8400. they're cheap, they sound really really close to krk monitors (as close as headphones can), and they have memory foam around the ears so you can wear them for a whole month at a time.

sennheiser HD25, 215, etc, around that price, theres nothing better than sennheiser cans imo

I like the Beyer DT770's - Bit more expensive but worth it IMO.

AKG & AudioTechnica do some good studio quality Headphones but Sennheiser are probably the best value in your price range. A lot of guys recommend the HD 25's. I haven't used them myself tho.

consider this an investment man and dont go affordable just wait until you can afford ones that will do the best job and have more lastability. HD-25s all the way sir

Camo and Krooked swear by there 25s. I have 25s and the 203s I prefer the 25s for DJing and the 203s for production as I find the bass response better.

770's are well nice, def worth the extra. i've got some 990's i picked up cheap (luckily) and can't really fault them. I'f i'd had the choice i would have got 770's though as there a bit more versatile than the 990's

the Senn HD25s really ARENT good studio headphones...

I'd have to agree with u on this one.... but then you should always be mixing down on monitors anyway... i find headphones are to get the ideas down when u cant have ur monitors on....

plus if you know the basics of where to cut frequencies etc then you wont be far off when you bring your tune to monitors!

Someone mentioned about the HD25's not being great on bass, agreed... they don't give out enough!

to those who think 25s are good for producing, why?

clear sound reproduction up and down the spectrum, reasonable sub/bass response without being to flabby/weak/warm/colored, good midrange detail. Personally I prefer the 215's, although the bass isnt as tight, i prefer the rest of the sound, and I only use them for refrence, headphones should only be used if theres no other option anyway imo

Back
Top Bottom