Recommend me an Audio Interface

mental marv

Alright folks..

Im looking to buy an audio interface, i dont really want to be spending more than £150 (could maybe stretch an extra £20 if it makes a big difference)...

I have the option for either Firewire or USB as using an Imac, id mainly be using it for hooking up a mic and recording instruments and voice etc so a decent pre amp would be good...

Would certainly not be adverse to buying second hand and have been looking on ebay at the Digidesign Mbox (1st edition i think)...

Midi capabilities are not really that important at the moment but would be better to get as much as i can feature wise without compromising on quality....

Any suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

Marv

Focusrite Saffire 6 ... it's $200 in American currency so it'd be more like 130 pounds roughly... I don't personally own it but I've heard a lot of good things about it... I have the Lexicon Omega which is in the same price range but if I had done more research first I prob woulda went for the focus rite as the pre amps are better (to my understanding at least).

Cool thanks mate... Ive heard good things about Focusrite stuff, so will certainly check out some reviews.. And not too badly priced as well..

Thanks

I have the Saffire 6 and it's a brilliant little interface plus the preamps are quality..

I'm going to shift to a Motu 828 soon because the Saffire 6 is just 48khz but it should be good enough for your needs.

Back
Top Bottom