Recommend me an Audio Interface

Alright folks..

Im looking to buy an audio interface, i dont really want to be spending more than £150 (could maybe stretch an extra £20 if it makes a big difference)...

I have the option for either Firewire or USB as using an Imac, id mainly be using it for hooking up a mic and recording instruments and voice etc so a decent pre amp would be good...

Would certainly not be adverse to buying second hand and have been looking on ebay at the Digidesign Mbox (1st edition i think)...

Midi capabilities are not really that important at the moment but would be better to get as much as i can feature wise without compromising on quality....

Any suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

Marv

Focusrite Saffire 6 ... it's $200 in American currency so it'd be more like 130 pounds roughly... I don't personally own it but I've heard a lot of good things about it... I have the Lexicon Omega which is in the same price range but if I had done more research first I prob woulda went for the focus rite as the pre amps are better (to my understanding at least).

I have the Saffire 6 and it's a brilliant little interface plus the preamps are quality..

I'm going to shift to a Motu 828 soon because the Saffire 6 is just 48khz but it should be good enough for your needs.