Recommend me a good pc sound card!

Scoobydooby

Hey All..
I am looking for some advice as to what kind of sound card I should buy after my m-audio delta 1010lt (2nd one) bit the dust. Honestly, for the price this card has lots of features but their quality is complete $hit.
I am looking for something that gives me at least 4 in and 4 out, doesn't cost more than 300-400 and is either pci, usb or firewire. Preferably not Maudio also since they've got all the money they are getting out of this fella.

Thanks for any suggestions!

products_fireface_400_1b-528aa2e7cd778294d3ba23805c4b03d3.jpg

What software you using?

If you don't mind Pro Tools, you could pick up a second hand Digidesign 002r in your price range, 8 analogue inputs (4 with built in preamps) 8 analouge outputs, MIDI, SP/DIF etc etc, theres a fair few about now the 003 and 003r are out.

If your not keen on PT, something like MOTU 828 would offer the same sort of spec, again theres loads floating about second hand at decent prices.

MOTU 828mk2 would do a nice job if you want to keep using Cubase. Some go for 200-300 quid on the old ebay, pretty good for what your getting, and arguably still more reliable than buying newer "cheap" gear.

tbh, if you want a simple 2 in 2 out USB card, theres no point spending more than £200 (i take it you meant 300-400 UK pounds, no ?). for example the Edirol UA 25ex works great. very stable,and decent sound quality. The next step imo would be an RME or Lynx, but then you're looking at around £600-£800. the sound quality will be much better, but then you should be using high end monitors, cables, mixer, etc.
best to stick with components of equal quality. id say spend half your budget on an Edirol, another 50 on a pair of high quality cables like Planet Waves, and you're still left with another 100 to get stoned or sumthin.. (y)

^ I have an extra bank account for money to get stoned with :)

I decided on the Focusrite Sapphire LE. Seems like a pretty nice firewire unit with midi and spdif and a series of i/o. Plus it got some decent reviews and didn't cost that much.
Should be here in a couple days. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

Thanks for the suggestions here!

Back
Top Bottom