Recommend me a courier service

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mental marv, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mental marv

mental marv New Member

Alright, can anyone recommend me a courier service, im gonna be posting some decks so obviously gonna be a fair weight...

Im guessing a courier will be a lot cheaper than royal mail, and prob more reliable. Looking for as cheap as possible whilst having the ability to track it..

Anyone got any good companies they could recommend...

Cheers in advance.

2. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

3. pitts

pitts Member

the company i work for use TNT and DHL

4. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Do you have the original manufacturer packaging for the decks? If not I wouldn't recommend posting them as you can be held responsible for them arriving in one piece. You'll need to package them really well and take pictures whilst doing so as you might need them as evidence for a compensation. Read the small print, doing things like taping two boxes together can automatically void any compensation claims.

I bought some decks on ebay recently, guy sent em using parcelforce and didn't package them well enough (two boxes taped together, newspaper as padding). I got my money back through a paypal claim but he got fuck all back from Parcelforce.

Just a word of warning cause if it goes wrong it usually goes in the buyers favor! Good luck

5. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

pay me.... ill do it

6. mental marv

mental marv New Member

Cheers for the advice man, ive got the box for only one deck, but i do have another box that will fit the second one... I will ensure they are well packaged and yeah good idea to take photos of the boxes when they are sent...

It can be a bit gay sometimes when paypal mostly side with the buyer, but ill do a good job in the first place, cos lets face it it aint worth the hastle of any comebacks...

7. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Yeah make sure you take the platters and cartridges off and wrap them up separately... make sure it's so tightly packed with bubble wrap that nothing has space to move!

Guy who sold me decks did an awful job packing them... I knew something would be wrong as soon as I got the box and felt them rattling around inside!

8. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

get some insurance aswell, i know someone that sent some parts for a car and they got nicked off the back of the van.

9. mental marv

mental marv New Member

A mate of mine bought a pair of Stantons of some guy of ebay about a year ago... The guy had put both decks on top of each other in one box, the one underneath had the on off swith on the top pushed right in the deck so it was almost flush with the surface of the deck, and part of the legs had broken... He managed to fix the deck pretty easily but not really the point... The guy was like "well i thought it would be alright packed like that" Fucking idiot....

Just need to find a cheap and good courier to deliver them now... The cheaper the better..

10. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Hey Marv, exactly how mental are you?

Like bat shit crazy or a slightly off the cuff kinda guy, wears his tie around his head at a family do, knows all the moves to the macarana, or skins frogs to make a cloak of poison to repel the evil thoughts of snakes

do tell

11. mental marv

mental marv New Member

HAHAHA,

Im not mental mental.... Im not really much of a threat to society... Im prob somewhere in the middle of a cloak skinning mentalist and tie wearing maccarana dancing fruit bat..

Basically i hear voices and i only ever wear bowling shoes....

Just the kinda guy i am...

Im the sort of guy who society frowns apon...

Hope this helps..

12. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

no big deal we have people fending off worse afflictions than that for breakfast. is there something youre not telling us? what is it you want to send? is it something mental?

13. mental marv

mental marv New Member

Well you remember the end scene in Seven right? You know when the head of brad pits mrs turns up delivered by special courier...???

Well im kinda hoping to reenact that scene...

Nah not really..... Dont worry folks your all safe, well unless you like jump up, then your all for a dose of mentalness...

Sometimes i dribble.... Though i guess thats more retarded than mental... then again is that the same thing....

hmmmm

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

easy mate... there is some website where you get couriers to 'bid' on the cost to courier your package... however i cant remember the fucking name!

its a wicked website, dealing from sending an ear ring to moving a car! when my capri needed moving, put an add on there and by the end of the week an average quote of £200 had come down to £60!

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

its shiply.com... good ol' google!

15. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

we send loads of stuff at work and never have any problems at all. We use either UPS, DHL or TNT. Give them all a ring. tell them the weight and size etc and get a quote and see which is cheaper.

simples

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

or go to shiply and let the quotes come to you! it also includes man and a van companies that dont have the large over heads like UPS/DHL/Parcelforce/etc so can be cheaper!

17. mental marv

mental marv New Member

Sounds pretty good, ill have a check of that mate..... Nice1 for that, appreciate.

18. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

Sorry Richie didnt read the thread before I posted that :)

Good idea man.

19. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

dont need to appologise matey!