Recommend a sampler?

Robmobius

Hey guys,

Anyone here be able to point me in the right direction for a good sampler. Originally, I had put a bid in on an ultra, but it didn't work out. Doh! :(

Is Kontact the one everyone is using these days, or would there be anything else?

Thanks! :)

i hear kontact is fantastic. hans swears by short circuit2 which is free. apparently the buzz sampler has the least aliasing of all. for soft sampler though, id say morgana. i think it can do wonders for the sound. you could get the emux2, its a soundcard with a built in emu soft sampler. its pretty fking huge though.

Thanks man... I've heard good reports about Short Circuit 2 as well as Morgana. I'll have a look into those.

Thanks for helping me out there... :)

i hear kontact is fantastic. hans swears by short circuit2 which is free. apparently the buzz sampler has the least aliasing of all. for soft sampler though, id say morgana. i think it can do wonders for the sound. you could get the emux2, its a soundcard with a built in emu soft sampler. its pretty fking huge though.

Yep, Shortcircuit is the best free softsampler around as far as I know, even among the commercial ones it ranks as one of the highest. Watch out with version 2 though, its buggy and half finished. Although some people use it with no problems at all, I say stick to version 1. It does look like a cheap pack of milk, but mess about and you'll be rewarded big.

Kontakt is shit :D Half joking, I do think it's very very overrated and I hate to switch between all the screens all the time for some simple editing. That's a main plus in SC: it all happens in one window which makes the workflow a bliss. I'm positive a lot of people will want to cut off my sack for saying this, but at least I shopped around.

i agree on the sack cutting, i always routed for that option actually. maybe we could have a rally? pom poms, cheerleaders, the full marching band, inspirational speakers, website with flash intro, pay small monthly fee for membership, proceeds go to 30 second tv spot? call it hanses-sack-off-a-thon?

way ahead of you, NI turned us down but stormfront.de (contributing apfel strudel und sahne) and some dude making plugs in synthedit are onboard. not sure i can make it tonight, i got paintballing and a bit of a do on leidse plein tonight, but im not sure whats going to happen yet, so ill give you a shout later.

Whoaaa... I just downloaded Short Circuit. Thanks for the advice!

Man that can severely mangle sound... The second version was bollox as you guys already said. Fooking thing wouldn't work at all. So I'm using the first version and it seems fine now. :)

BTW when you guys are bouncing your bass into a sampler, do you generally just sample one bass note, and then make a line with that new sampled bass part. Or would you sample a bass line as opposed to just one note.

Cheers,

R.

depends on the kind of bass. If it's just a sine wave, one sample seems fine. But if you have a multisampled bassline made in a synth with each note having unique characteristics, you'd have to make a multisample.

Back
Top Bottom