Reclaim the Streets

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by serendipity, Dec 3, 2004.

1. serendipity

serendipity *****

if anyones read No Logo, they will have heard of this organisation already...whos up for putting on one of these partys?!?!? the new style for BN?

check it.
    http://rts.gn.apc.org/sortit.htm

drum n bass combined with some activism, im feelin it.

:dual:

2. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I have attended these type of events in the past, and they were ace. 1,000s of people dancing in the streets with numerous sound systems out of the backs of vans, and loads of carnival entertainers and all that. And genuinely no trouble...

Then the Reclaim The City thing a few years ago, and it was grim, I was a few feet away from the woman getting driven over by the Police van, and I saw a lot of aggro (on both sides to be fair) and violent Police charges... :-/

It had changed from being a street party to being a violent riot, and I'm not really sure why...

They've cracked down really hard on these things, I wouldn't go to one nowadays, cos I don't like seeing people getting beaten down to the ground with batons...

I'm all for the free party / squat / underground scene tho, which is still alive and well...

3. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

4. serendipity

serendipity *****

i wish that i could have gone to one of these partys when we still had the right to protest without being treated as criminals,
    as for free partys ive been to quite a few but i never seem to hear about dnb ones...

5. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

:cat: