Recent mainstream tunes?

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Need recent mainstream tunes for an 18th birthday iv been asked to play at, stuff like Matrix & Futurebound - Magnetic Eyes and all that bollocks.

Got the usual chase & status, sub focus, loadstar, bassline smith suspects from like 2 years ago. But yeah havent really paid attention to the last year or so of mainstream tunes and remixes.

Dagz you should be good at this :teeth:

Cheerz!

Rudimental from Feel The Love up to now

Wilkinson take you higher is slightly mainstream also

Netsky - 2 (all of the album)

Just search the forum.
A few good words would be "cheese", "turd", "gash" and "wankstep".

All the big labels

RAM

SHOGUN

TECHNIQUE RECORDINGS

HOSPITAL

Im sure I don't need to tell you this tho any DnB head will know the score

PLAYAZ and VIRUS will be at it soon cant be anyworse than whats been coming from them lately

I hate drum & bass at the minute can you tell.

DJ Fresh - Nextlevelism Album

Matrix & Futurebound ft Luke Bingham - All I Know

Sub Jams & Cozi - Ricochet (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Remix)

All the big labels

RAM

SHOGUN

TECHNIQUE RECORDINGS

HOSPITAL

PLAYAZ and VIRUS will be at it soon cant be anyworse than whats been coming from them lately

Shut up dagz :teeth:

All the big labels

RAM

SHOGUN

TECHNIQUE RECORDINGS

HOSPITAL

technique have sold out soooooo hard :( 10 years of technique was on of my favourite albums... then they signed L Plus :confused:

just heard this cancer on BBC Breakfast, they're interviewing her now...i have no fucking idea who she is

Last edited by a moderator:
just heard this cancer on BBC Breakfast, they're interviewing her now...i have no fucking idea who she is

images

technique have sold out soooooo hard :( 10 years of technique was on of my favourite albums... then they signed L Plus :confused:

I'm with you on the first statement, can't completely agree on L Plus tho. His first EP on Technique was great imo and Time Travel VIP, which came out just recently is also cool. Their best output now is Hashtag tho, really feeling what they're doing tbh.

Back to subject, go for Fleur - Turn The Lights On. Beat is produced by Culture Shock, it has catchy vocals, great dancefloor singalong tune imo, a guilty pleasure of mine. Also Maduk's single (Feel Good/Don't Be Afraid) on Viper VIP is worth checking out, Maduk & Nymfo - Crossroads, I've recently rediscovered some former Camo & Krooked tunes from their first LP like Terra or Tonight, Mind Vortex - Alive, Disaszt - Sposh, The Prototypes remix of Donae'o - Fire (it's a free download on top of it), check out latest output from Smooth. And drop Crazy World, that always goes down well :teeth:

Maybe mainstream is the wrong word but I reckon people who aren't into dnb would still love Marka and it's not poppy shit

Tbh you could get away with pulling for dispatch, critical, dutty audio etc as long as theres some kind of vocal tune mixed
I find the non-dnb loving public change their tune once theres some lyrics involved. Even if its not poppy or mainstream style lyrics.

Tbh you could get away with pulling for dispatch, critical, dutty audio etc as long as theres some kind of vocal tune mixed
I find the non-dnb loving public change their tune once theres some lyrics involved. Even if its not poppy or mainstream style lyrics.

this. people are stupid and only seem to think tunes are good if they have vocals/lyrics. Could be me farting on loop for 4 mins but if it has nicki minja on the top shouting then itll get number 1

Dimension - Synth City, Digital World, Monsta - Holding On (Skrillex Nero) remix is a banger, recent drumsound and bassline smith, TC - Do you rock?, Friction - Kingpin

This is pretty mainstream sounding. Ayah Marar - Unstoppable, produced by camo & krooked.

this. people are stupid and only seem to think tunes are good if they have vocals/lyrics. Could be me farting on loop for 4 mins but if it has nicki minja on the top shouting then itll get number 1

Yep that's right, lyrics and everyone seems to suddenly like dnb. If you take the lyrics away from top 40 pop tracks they pretty much do sound like someone farting on loop!

I played for a non-dnb-crowd once... It is horrible for me to play this cheese-stuff, 'cause I hate that sound. I ended up playing some nice Neurofunk (Mefjus, Billain, Phace, Misanthrop, Alix Perez, Icicle,...) mixed with some (older/less worse) Mainstream/Jump Up-tunes (Camo & Krooked - Tonight, TC - Rockstar, some older Sub Focus-Tunes, DJ Hazard-Stuff, ...).

The crowd liked it...

Back
Top Bottom