Reccomendations

generalant

HI, i joined this forum to get some help finding new tunes. I like the good looking records sound, and the logical progression, progression sessions etc compilations, i also like the lost in space drum and bass series. Does anybody have any recommendations of artists/compilations/mixes worth checking out? Nice one

Hey man, for that classic Good Looking type sound check out :

Pretty much anything by Alaska

Most of the stuff Seba did until about two years ago.

Nebula

Equinox

Label wise - try Scientific Wax Retro (it's a sublabel of Scientific Wax that tends to be a bit more focused on the atmospherics.

Other labels (some of these are defunct, but the music they released should be new to you if you've mainly been exposed to Bukem's take on atmospheric DnB) - Arctic Music, Repertoire (dead now but had some lovely oldschool atmospheric bits), early Warm Communications, Secret Operations, Outsider, Covert Operations, Subtle Audio, Bustle Beats, Pressin Hard, Vibe'z, Purified Audio, Offshore, Gamma Ray, early Fokuz, Celcius, Absys.

Artist wise - Seba, Nebula, Alaska, Equinox (some Equinox anyway) Future Engineers, ASC, Method One, J Laze, Law, Drum Origins, Mav, Naibu, Amplicon,

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the very few recently released tracks which captures the vibe of that era in drum & bass...

Lynx & Hellrazor ft. Kemo - How You Move Me [Paradox Remix]

[video=youtube_share;AqFAjgKM5ng]http://youtu.be/AqFAjgKM5ng[/video]

Last edited:
^ not sure about "very very few" really, but yes, that's a cracking tune.

What else can you recommend on a similar vibe to that Paradox remix man? I'd lap up anything similar, I've got all the Alaska/Paradox releases, but that particular remix has a much more mellow vibe to it. I've heard rumors of a another Alaska album in the pieline, I'm not sure if it's true but that would definitely be something i'd really look forward too next year.

Back
Top Bottom