Reccomendations for Synths (Free if possible)

Ozmatic

Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee
VIP Junglist
Reccomendations for Soft Synths (Free if possible)

Hey guys, Ive started trying to produce tunes recently, and I've got a small amount of vsts which ive been using, such as Reizer and ZebraCM. For dubstep they are great, and produce OK sounds (but not great). Ive started really wanting to produce liquid tunes, and Ive set up eveything that I need for a tune except a Synth line, which Id really like. Problem is, the best sounds that my synths can make sound fake and recorder-like, unlike the kind of Natural Logistics or Netsky sound.

I would really appreciate it if someone could either give me some synth reccomendations for making liquid Synth (Eastern Promise style) and that dont require me to fork out cash if possible. If not, perhaps you could give me a few tips in creating the sounds with the vsts I have at the minute. I use SONAR by Cakewalk as my DAW, if you need to know that

Thanks for reading this, would be awesome if you could Help

Last edited:
The good ones usually cost quite a bit, but then again it comes also very much down to programming the synth. If you just browse presets looking for a nice sound, there's Massive and Z3TA, both used by many of this forum's dwellers.

http://musicobject.blogspot.com/2009/09/itchy-plugins.html

There's a few free ones, mostly designed for more wobblez but can do other sounds too.

Then for example TAL Elek7ro is a free software "emulation" of an old analog juno synth.

Thanks for that kama, heard good things about Zeta and Massive, just dont want to get one of those Synths for 100 odd quid and not use it enough :(

sorry for the double post, but which would you reccomend me for the liquid sound im looking for, Z3TA+ or Massive?

All you need is anything with 3 oscillators that can produce sine, saw, square and triangle waves. An lfo and built in filter. And creativity!

An lfo is basically what gives bass a wobble sound. It can be usedfor various other things but that's the basis of it, to give a sound a wobble

Thanks for the advice guys, Ive downloaded the z3ta+ demo, to see if it suits what im looking for.Creating some really cool sounding chill out sounds, but not 100% sure how to get something a bit more liquid synth-like will carry on playing with it, but if i get the hang of it, think this would be awesome

Quite alot of netsky's synths sound like sampled reversed pianos (can't remeber which song), what daw you using? most come with a decent sampler....

maybe find a classical piece of music, some sort of bach rip off and find long sustaining piano notes, to a bit of distortion, bit crush ( a little bit) and other fx.... lol haven't actually tried it but i'm going to now :) good practice for the compo

I'm definitely going to invest in z3ta+ soon, apparently its modeled on the Virus, and they are sooooo cool.

!BlQ2Df!BGk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEtk06OsYHBL,78FMb2g~~_12.JPG

drrooll drool Nord drool modular drool

Quite alot of netsky's synths sound like sampled reversed pianos (can't remeber which song), what daw you using? most come with a decent sampler....

I use SONAR by Cakewalk atm, really like it, best DAW ive used atm

i'd recom'd massive, but it costs bloody loads. I know CM (the magaizne) give out free VST's on their dvd. might be worth the look?

Back
Top Bottom