Reason

dafo93

SWITCH FUSION
VIP Junglist
Heard good things about Reason...I feel I've reached my potential with Fruity, is Reason worth investing in to be used as a DAW/Sequencer? Cheers

Zeal

Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex
VIP Junglist
if uve used FL dont go to reason imo

go to cubase or something

then again nowt wrong with FL really

motion audio

VIP Junglist
Theres nothing wrong with Reason, although its not really a DAW as it doesnt offer audio in/out. As Zeal said, Cubase would be worth a look, it has a good sequencer and mixer and there are various versions available. What sort of thing are you looking at doing with it?

I have reason, but I Re-wire it to Pro Tools so I can use it alongside audio and other instruments.

Hope thats some use to you!

Last edited:

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Theres nothing wrong with Reason, although its not really a DAW as it doesnt offer audio in/out. As Zeal said, Cubase would be worth a look, it has a good sequencer and mixer and there are various versions available. What sort of thing are you looking at doing with it?

I have reason, but I Re-wire it to Pro Tools so I can use it alongside audio and other instruments.

Hope thats some use to you!
THIS

if moving on from FL, best to go to a more advanced DAW than reason, as Zeal said Cubase or imo Ableton Live, they both are more advanced with ability to manipulate audio and use VSTs, whereas reason can't so is quite limited when advancing in production

dafo93

SWITCH FUSION
VIP Junglist
THIS

if moving on from FL, best to go to a more advanced DAW than reason, as Zeal said Cubase or imo Ableton Live, they both are more advanced with ability to manipulate audio and use VSTs, whereas reason can't so is quite limited when advancing in production
Thanks! I'll try Cubase soon then :) I have the lite version of Ableton Live 7 that I got with my MIDI keyboard and to be honest, I can't for the life of me figure it out, I found the layout extremely cluttered and confusing. Is the full version better?

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Thanks! I'll try Cubase soon then :) I have the lite version of Ableton Live 7 that I got with my MIDI keyboard and to be honest, I can't for the life of me figure it out, I found the layout extremely cluttered and confusing. Is the full version better?
well, and this is just my opinion of using Cubase SX3 & Ableton Live 7, if you find Liver cluttered, you won't much like cubase