Reason Virgin... HELP ME PLEASE. or this computer is gonna get it!

I been djing for ten years and know everything there is to now about drum n bass.... except production. I just got reason 2 and a mac and started to make beats. Thats all i can do at the minute. i know the basics. i am stuck however on :

1. when i play the sequenzer the drum machine runs too so i cant hear what i have layed down on the sequenzer.

2. how can i just play the sequenzer without whats in the racks.

3. how can i design more that one drum pattern to use in the sequenzer.

any help?..please.

Charge

VIP Junglist
dubsta2004 said:
Q1. when i play the sequenzer the drum machine runs too so i cant hear what i have layed down on the sequenzer.

A1.Any Sequencer (or drum machine) within the rack will have a button (usually a light) titled "pattern." If you switch this off so the light goes out you wont hear what the the sequencer/drum machine unless you have copied it to the main sequencer.

2. how can i just play the sequenzer without whats in the racks.

A2.Turn off pattern buttons/lights on all sequencers or drum machines in the rack.

3. how can i design more that one drum pattern to use in the sequenzer.

A3.Usually below the pattern button/light you will have a serious of numbers, these are your patterns. You will probably have done your first one in 1, so select 2 and you can create a different pattern. If you do more than 8 then you can select a different bank (A to D) giving you another 8 patterns on each.
Hope this helps?