reason - using accapellas + where to find them

Discussion in 'Production' started by EvezDroppin, Feb 16, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

right im looking for quite a lot of help here so hopefully someone is kind enough to point me in the right direction or clear things up for me. i am now pretty active on this side of the forum and try to feedback recent tracks when I'm on here, hopefully you can help me!!
    I'm making a liquid tune and I'm after some vocals even if its just one or two samples that i can implement through the track.
    Now before in dubstep or jump up tracks I just use the NN19 sampler or the NNXT and theres no real way of stretching the files or anything, basically make it fit by changing the tone of it and if it doesn't automatically pop into place well unlucky!

Any reason users able to make things a bit easier for me?
    Also after a good source of some samples/accapellas.

thanks in advance!!!

2. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

if you are looking to change the length of a vocal without changing the pitch, use an audio editing program with a timestretching function like cool edit to edit the original wav outside reason, and import it back into the sampler when it matches the beat.

the way i usually do this is to put the metronome on in reason, play the track, then timestretch and preview the wav in another program to see how it fits in with the tempo of the track.

there are a few threads around here on acapellas, and a lot of reggae/ragga acapella packs.

u can get a few good ones from acapellas4u.com, but u only get 5 downloads a month or something without contributing. another way to get acapellas is to search for remix competitions online, sometimes these come with vocal only tracks

3. Dahklight

Dahklight Deckstress Mixes soon!

Didn't want to start a new thread. I have an acapella of a hip hop song and want to change it to 140 for a dubstep remix. What's the best/easiest way?

4. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

If you know the Bpm of your Acapella, You can use Audacity to increase the speed or decrease the speed

5. Dahklight

Dahklight Deckstress Mixes soon!

Did that, but it seems to go in and out of beat cos of the flow of the acapella. If it requires multi slicing then I'll find something else to work with the beat :/

6. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

try cutting it up a bit, get it to the tempo that it needs to be. then let the vocals run for say 4 bars , if by the end of the 4 bars its going out then cut and drag it back of ford a bit, you just have to mess around with it for a while.

sorry just released you are using reason, i'm not to sure how you go about cutting up audio in reason??

7. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

this for Reason 4 users

Reason 5 users, go for sample editing or something like that... :)

8. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

reason 5?? ha didnt even know that was out

9. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

the guy making it for dubstep, u thought about half timing it? if its hiphop its possibly like 80 or so BPM, slowing to 70 to fit a 140 tune would be easier :)

10. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

PM me big brother, I've got some sweaties in a bag full of them.

11. J-Rex

J-Rex soundcloud.com/j-rex

yeah acapellas4u is pretty good and for some reason my 5 download limit doesnt count down so i can get as many as i want!