@ reason users

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
i am working on a track at the moment and its got alot of elements in it, its sounding really good but when i try adding any more elements to it it spacks out and makes some horrible clicking noise and then says computer too slow to play song, ive just had more ram put in my comp to make it faster (not sure how much) and it still does it, i have tryed playing around with the preferences aswell but it makes it worst.
how do i get around this problem, do i need a better sound card? if so what one should i get. and if its the fact i need more ram, how much should i have just to be on the safe side, coz my birds dad works with computers and can get me whatever i need for very very cheap.

ill upload the track in a min so you can give me feedback on that aswell.

cheers guys

CPU mate

look bottom left hand side, got CPU usage bar

once that gets full then it will do that

basically u need a better CPU for it to handle it, OR you could bounce everything down and use it as one wav which would be shit in reason, sa it only plays samples from the start

when u save it as mp3 it shouldnt fuck up though...but thats bad if u have started mixing it down

Thats very true, but working a tune when it starts to stop as soon as you have pressed play it is hard to get it how u want it. especially mixwise, withouth exporting audio and listening and tweaking and then repeating the process

Upgrade CPU FTW!!:boxing:

what is cpu and where can i get some, is it like software or hardware

^HILARIOUS^

CPU is short for computer!

You can try getting a new processor, but i would get a new motherboard too - just to get things to match up really nice.

And if you bought your computer at a store (ex. compaq, HP, dell etc) there is a good chance you will not be able to swap parts, most computer companies would prefer you bought a new machine.

yeah what he said /\

Best to buy the bits and build one, its cheaper and better for you.

Unless u know if you can just take the CPU out of ur motherboard and buy a better one according to what fits ur motherboard

yeah man Reason 4 minimum system requirements are 512 MB RAM and i think Intel P4 processor and 2GB of free hard drive space

now I had all of the above on my old PC and it still couldn't handle any large rns files, so really u need a pretty decent up to date computer to handle Reason 4 mate, I at the moment run everything on my laptop which has 3GB RAM, 1.8x2 Duo Core Processor, 250GB Hardrive etc and it runs fine (my CPU bar runs at about 50% when I'm making really big projects)

very frustrating i know tho!!!! :D:D

yeah man Reason 4 minimum system requirements are 512 MB RAM and i think Intel P4 processor and 2GB of free hard drive space

now I had all of the above on my old PC and it still couldn't handle any large rns files, so really u need a pretty decent up to date computer to handle Reason 4 mate, I at the moment run everything on my laptop which has 3GB RAM, 1.8x2 Duo Core Processor, 250GB Hardrive etc and it runs fine (my CPU bar runs at about 50% when I'm making really big projects)

very frustrating i know tho!!!! :D:D

yes mate you are a fucking legend, i cant belive i never thought of this lol, all this time i had a wicked laptop and i never thought to use it to produce, it is abit annoying coz of the mouse pad but when i can be fucked i can use my usb mouse, does anyone know of a lead or summit that i can connect my laptop to my computer and work on reason through my computer and use the laptop memory and space?

ez man well I'm not sure if you can do laptop to pc but why not just plug ur keyboard (usnig a converter) and usb mouse on ur laptop? i just use a plug in mouse to produce on my laptop (no wwwwwwwwwwaaaay im gna use the touch sensor to produce on my laptop - too long! haha)

alternatively if u got a spare screen and think it helps use sumthin along the lines of this:

http://www.cooldrives.com/moshtotvcoco.html

if i were u tho just use the laptop with the usb mouse, set it up in a nice comfortable location so u aint bending over weirdly and messing ur back up and away you go! :D

Back
Top Bottom