reason redrum to sequencer processing issues

pitts

VIP Junglist
im having problems when i do the above. I will spend ages equing/compressing.... to various drum hits getting them all how i want them to sound and sound together and then when i copy pattern to track some hits will sound completely different. Anybody know if there is some kind of setting or something that is causing this?

any help is much appreciated

Have you turned the enable pattern sequence button off on the redrum program, because otherwise the sequencer and the red rum play at the same time

Last edited:
So when you play them in the redrum they fine - but when copy to track they sound different?

hmm cant think what would do that.
Maybe youve got some automation on velocity or something - or groove set on that track?
Check the sequencer for any automation - try soloing the drums. take off groove settings.

Attach your midi keyboard to a different device ( i had a keyboard that kept changing the eq type on dr rex - i know was wierd) - see if that is doing anything odd.

Maybe you should flip your rack (hotkey is tab) and see if you got everything all wired up proper. Do you have a separate redrum for each element of your drums? Or is it all in one redrum. Cause you can wire up a comp or eq to each element in your redrum separately, just flip the rack around.

Turn off your pattern sequencer. Write everything in your track.
I am assuming you are running both at the same time witch will cause a phase effect.

Maybe you should flip your rack (hotkey is tab) and see if you got everything all wired up proper. Do you have a separate redrum for each element of your drums? Or is it all in one redrum. Cause you can wire up a comp or eq to each element in your redrum separately, just flip the rack around.

i had seperate channels running to seperate devices

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Turn off your pattern sequencer. Write everything in your track.
I am assuming you are running both at the same time witch will cause a phase effect.

it was with just the sequencer playing the run command on redrum was switched off

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

So when you play them in the redrum they fine - but when copy to track they sound different?

hmm cant think what would do that.
Maybe youve got some automation on velocity or something - or groove set on that track?
Check the sequencer for any automation - try soloing the drums. take off groove settings.

Attach your midi keyboard to a different device ( i had a keyboard that kept changing the eq type on dr rex - i know was wierd) - see if that is doing anything odd.

this solved the problem, thanks a lot. Didnt have anything else open at the time as i was just starting with drums but once i opened up a subtractor put the midi onto that and then played it, problem solved :)

no worries buddy.
thought i was going mad when it happened to me - weird settings kept changing.
got a new keyboard for me birthday the other month anyway so all is good 4 me. :)
laterz

Back
Top Bottom