[Reason] could use some help here :-)

BassSucker

Hi all.

So to start off, this is my first post at the forum. Long time listener, first time caller. And this looked like a nice community so i'd figure to start posting here :)

I have been listening to DnB for a long time, and it really inspires me to create my own tracks. I started out in Acid Pro, but it didn't really fulfill my needs.

Reason on the other hand, with many more sound functions, gives many more possibilities.

So, i have the drum part down mostly, creating breakbeats and such.

But i don't think i really have the technique down to create striking bass reeses, or the proper notes and timing.

I do have a fair amount of musical knowledge (music school, 7 years of guitar playing)

So what i'd like to ask is if there's anyone here at all, that's not a complete beginner, that would like to tutor me a bit along through msn or any other instant messenger. Someone i can send some reason files to to have you listen to them and help me along the way a bit.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

i'm not a tough student, i learn quickly and have a lot of curiousity to go on my own path with the advice you give me :)

thanks in advance everyone!

and again: i know almost everything there is to know about music theory, i could just need some help getting the techniques down in reason and the overall mixdown :)

oh yes, i went through most of them on youtube, and the ones in the sticky on this forum.

i am even doing some right now (reason arpeggiator tutorial, great stuff!)

though that's not the problem, i am learning to use all these tools, make some neat sounds, but my problem is mainly getting it all to fit together, whereas these tutorials only show you all the seperate parts.

i mainly need some help in the composition part of the story.

and i do believe that there is no better way to teach that as with just some slight personal "guidance", and swapping reason files to get some pointers.

so again i'd like to ask if anyone would want to be bothered with me on msn or anything :)

thanks a lot guys ;)

oh yes, i went through most of them on youtube, and the ones in the sticky on this forum.

i am even doing some right now (reason arpeggiator tutorial, great stuff!)

though that's not the problem, i am learning to use all these tools, make some neat sounds, but my problem is mainly getting it all to fit together, whereas these tutorials only show you all the seperate parts.

i mainly need some help in the composition part of the story.

and i do believe that there is no better way to teach that as with just some slight personal "guidance", and swapping reason files to get some pointers.

so again i'd like to ask if anyone would want to be bothered with me on msn or anything :)

thanks a lot guys ;)

Hi Bass

I have been using reason for about 6-7 months now. I wouldnt say im an expert but I am proficient at it.

I can help you, PM me.

pm me your msn and ill walk you through some stuff, i studied it for 3 years so i could probrably answer most of your questions and send you templates of loads of stuff

Back
Top Bottom