REASON BASSLINES...

Thor is a badboy, I'd defiantly use that over the malstrom for making bass, although I used to make nice bass with the malstom before Thor was introduced.

I'll post a few things once i get home. I can get a really nice reese with some movment out of it. Still trying to get that dope neuro sound though :(

i went through a phase early last year where i got pretty annoyed with reasons synths, thinking they were too dated.

but have seriously fallen in love with subtractor all over again

and yea, as said above, thor is pretty immense too

Thor is a badboy, I'd defiantly use that over the malstrom for making bass, although I used to make nice bass with the malstom before Thor was introduced.

I'll post a few things once i get home. I can get a really nice reese with some movment out of it. Still trying to get that dope neuro sound though :(

resampling is the key. the bit in bold is what i found funny though haha

anyone on reason wanna show me what its capable of.... MALSTROM AND SKREAM. prefribly

I got you covered buddy, just download the "Red mouse meets Thor" demo here>>> http://www.kreativsounds.com/commercial-reason-4-refills-the-big-list/

The Red mouse demo has good stuff, and download other demos while your at it. Just drag and drop the files into the reason folder on the hard drive.

That'll get you all set, but i'll be happy to send you my reason files and patches. just post message me if you like.

In the past month everything started to click in my head, and my skills are like a million times higher.

Edit: "boy in a band" is ridiculously good at reason, he has many youtube tutorials.

You can get some decent results with the Subtractor, automating the LFO is a particular fave, adjust the frequency filter to taste. Depends what you're going for really, I find the Subtractor really good for sub basses - set up some square waves and increase the release for an ambient sub. But always, and I mean ALWAYS, chain the device through a Spider Audio Merger & Splitter and wire it across so you can have a stereo output going to your mixer.
The Malstrom is a bit of bitch but once you get your head round it you can acheive some decent sounds, there's arguably more to play with on there than on the subtractor but I find it useful for more mid-range synth sounds. You can also get some wicked pad style effects out of it as well.
You could go balls out and use the Combinator with both of the devices involved but I just simply don't bother because I haven't figured it out!
I would comment on the Thor, but I just simply hate Reason 4's user interface (they've ballsed up the simplicity of the piano roll/creation-production window or whatever you call it) and as a result I've shunned it in favour of Reason 3. But I know how sick the Thor is, so if you're using Reason 4 I'd go for that to create basses.
There's a tutorial on Youtube about how to create a Reece bass in the Combinator but again, it's different course for different horses. I've personally grown tired of the Reece bass.
Hope this gives some form of guidance, sure you'll get your head round it.

idk if anyone knew, but Thor is the viking thunder god. lol they guys at propeller head deffinfitly hit the nail on the head. Thor is just awesome.

Get the refills for it, they are much better than you think, even the demo refills are really all you need.

i went through a phase early last year where i got pretty annoyed with reasons synths, thinking they were too dated.

but have seriously fallen in love with subtractor all over again

and yea, as said above, thor is pretty immense too

I was like this, getting a bit sick of Reason synth's, But then i had a good play with Thor, an im lovin it.

Makin' some great Hazard type soundz with that badboy.

Thor & Scream all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom