Reason 6

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

im gunna buy Reason 6 when it comes out on 30th sept (after quick demo maybe) becos looks awesome.. loadz of shit to play wiv!

anyone got a good reason why i shouldn't? maybe another program is better? i can;t be assed to download a hundred off demos of shit.

your thoughts for a complete noob on subject.

vst = plugin for most audio programs
Reason doesnt use them.
I like reason - found it the easiest to get making tunes straight away.

There is no "perfect" or "best" music software - just which ever one you like to work with the most.

does audio programs include hardware? keyboards or w/e .

considering reason 6 has shit loadz of programs built in, maybe there isn't a reason to have these vst's???

VSTs are customized by companies such as native instruments, they arent limited in numbers (you can have 100 different VST compressors which sound slightly different when you use them) where as reasons compressors and synths are always going to sound the same. i love reason, its the most simple (for me) program to use, and the workflow is so quick you can bang out the basis of a good tune in a few hours.

but yeah you dont have this VST edge if you get reason - which means you HAVE to use reasons own compressor, equalizer, reverb unit, chorus unit ETC. these are all good - ive been using them for years but they are seriously limited compared to VST units. if you want to go professional then its good advice to hold out for something VST capable.

oh yeah and you can use hardware with reason yeah ;)

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

also WOW REASON 6 LOOKS AMAZINGNGG

lol didnt even know it was here

VSTs are customized by companies such as native instruments, they arent limited in numbers (you can have 100 different VST compressors which sound slightly different when you use them) where as reasons compressors and synths are always going to sound the same. i love reason, its the most simple (for me) program to use, and the workflow is so quick you can bang out the basis of a good tune in a few hours.

but yeah you dont have this VST edge if you get reason - which means you HAVE to use reasons own compressor, equalizer, reverb unit, chorus unit ETC. these are all good - ive been using them for years but they are seriously limited compared to VST units. if you want to go professional then its good advice to hold out for something VST capable.

oh yeah and you can use hardware with reason yeah ;)

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

also WOW REASON 6 LOOKS AMAZINGNGG

lol didnt even know it was here

yea, reason 6 looks awesome! all the shit u need.

but maybe it will never be as good as program thats VST compatable..

hmmmmm i;ll try demo first.. see what its like..

for people who don't know..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about Reason except that loads of people use it to make awesome stuff, but honestly, why haven't they made it capable of hosting third party plugs? Surely that would increase the appeal?!

cos they reckon it would make the progam unstable..... (meh)
they pride themselves on reliabilty - and to be fair its the ONLY software i have used that has never ever crashed on me.
But yeah i do kinda miss being able to try all these new VST's at times.
Though i am sure there are a hell of a lot of unstable VST's out there - dont need them in my life.
i reckon in the next upgrade/release they will might finally include VST support - as they have been slated for years for not supporting them. (just my guess)
Every new version they get a lot of stick on their forums for not including vst support.

edit - you can re-wire reason into other DAWs that have VSTs

why haven't they made it capable of hosting third party plugs? Surely that would increase the appeal?!

Performance wouldn't be as good is their explanation. Rewire makes up for it though, I look at Reason like a plug-in bundle in itself really. Although its better in the last few versions I don't rate the sequencer very much, and I think the mixers pretty poor, so I just use Reason for the instruments and then rewire it into Pro Tools for mixing.

The fact that you cant use external vst's is a total deal breaker for me

So you can use Rewire, but thats more expense. And dont you need another program if you want to record anything?

Theres so many daw's out there these days that can do everything, so what makes Propellerheads think they cant get away with bullshit like that?

you dont need all them vst's just get good with what youve got makes for a better producer in the end

The fact that you cant use external vst's is a total deal breaker for me

So you can use Rewire, but thats more expense. And dont you need another program if you want to record anything?

Theres so many daw's out there these days that can do everything, so what makes Propellerheads think they cant get away with bullshit like that?

how did you figure rewiring costs more?? the way i see it is reason as the most powerful plug-in. you can record and edit audio in reason 6.

if you dont like it dont use it tho. it suits plenty of people, reason hardly ever crashed on me unless my windows vista fucked up.. and has a quicker work flow (for me) than any other DAW.

Last edited:
you dont need all them vst's just get good with what youve got makes for a better producer in the end

Totally agree with this statement.

I dont even use Reason, but from what I've heard, the plugs that do come with it, are more than enough for any type of sound you could think of.

When I was using FL, I used a shit load of different vst's. Now I'm on Ableton I've narrowed it doen to NI's Massive, and Rob Papen's Predator. Those two are all I need to be able to do anything.

Reason 6 looks great man, a lot of new features, but it's still so close to actually holding it's own.

Everyone always gripes about how Reason doesn't support VSTs but you know what I want to see? Reason instruments and effects as third party plugs for whatever DAW you're running.

Yes, I know you can rewire but that 1. Requires you already owning Reason a big expense and 2. Requires running an entire program just for the plugs you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom