reason 6.5 out now + rack extension shop open

I tried reason out once, the resolution was very poor, it was so small it was unusable and it couldn't be changed. Windows resolution changes didn't help either. What was I doing wrong?

no idea m8 sorry - never heard of anyone having that issue to be fair. you can make each window full screen.
sequencer, rack and now mixer (version 5/6 have new mixer).

but i guess only twats like me use it anyway.

end of thread.

Thinking about making the jump to 6 myself.. Either that, or switch to Ableton

Ive got Reason 6.5, I love it. It's great using a program where everything is designed to work together.

Obviously you miss out on the world of plugins, but the rack extensions make up for that now.

We just need native instruments to start making rack extensions now......l.

Last edited:
btw jimjim i used reason before, hopped on studio one now... obv vst use is a bonus, i miss thor, although i still have reaosn installed so im just gna bounce out some synths from thor...

It is much easier to get a nice mixdown imo with studio one, plus the sound driver is very very crisp! but i do miss reasons redrum kit!

surgical eq is a bit of a pain as you can only really do it with 2 knobs on each EQ - so you end up with loads of EQ units after each other.
But in the latest versions you can put them as inserts into the mix track for each device - which can be hidden easy.
Version 6 and above are a massive improvement on the versions before .
the new mixer is freaking awesome - its based on some real studio desk thingy - anyways its like 100 times better than the old one.
as above - now companies can make their own plugins - rack extensions - a bit like VST equivalents. that should open up loads more possibiltes for us poor reason users.

still want a graphical audio analyser built in. hopefully someone will make one as a rack extension.

yeah man thor is nice :)

Yeah the big thing Reason is missing is a quality parametric EQ with built in analyser.

Korg just released the Poly Six as a rack extension, which is an awesome synth. Only 39 Euros too.

Back
Top Bottom