Reason 5 + Record 1.5

duttymonster

deep in the jungle
anone got reason 5 yet?

i'm going to get it this week, just wondered if anyone had it and what their first impressions were?

currently using version 3, so not looking forward to learning the new GUI so much, but i think the
new features will blow my mind.

i know there is a few Reason haters on here, so i'm expecting some churlish bites ; [

also...

any one use Recycle?

don't know if it's worth getting or not. surprised they haven't bundled it yet and £170 still seems like a fair wad of cash.

DM

ReCycle analyzes audio files and automatically slices them into their individual rhythmic components allowing you to play your loops back at any tempo without pitch alteration in programs like Propellerhead Reason, Logic, ProTools or Cubase. You also get creative control over in the individual elements of the loop, including deleting, replacing, retuning, panning and processing them. ReCycle turns rigid concrete loops into musical modeling clay, giving you new inspiration and total creative control.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Propellerhead...uterRecording_Software_SM&hash=item19c24c974e

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Features

•Saves as REX2 stereo sliced loop format for Reason and others
•Change loop tempo and pitch independently
•Quantize loops or apply swing and groove maps
•Extract loop timing to trigger other sequenced elements
•Replace individual sounds in a loop without affecting feel
•Extract loop sounds
•Process individual sounds or entire loops
•Generates MIDI sequence file to trigger loop elements

anybody knows if I bought the Reason + Record Duo, would it be possible to have Reason and Record at different places? I mean... would be great if we could buy between 2 people that bundle which would be 202.5€ each one of us and he'll use Record and I'd use Reason...
so... any experiences, anyone who got that bundle?

Has the sound been updated in Reason 5?
I found the sound output inferior on versions 3 and 4 compared to Cubase and Fruityloops
Alotta low end static over the speakers too =[
Might even consider going back to it as Reason was so versatile

i haven't experienced that, i find the sound to be very pure.

sounds like a hardware issue to me.

your sound quality with any DAW is only going to be as good as your sound card.

there are some awesome new features in 5 and i never had 4/Thor so it will be double bubble.

Kong drum designer looks awesome for d&b heads, Octorex awesome for breaks and Record has
some nice new effects units and even a tuner for hours of kanye west mimicry :D

they've really improved the flow too.

thing i'm most excited about is automated transporter for mid track tempo changes etc which was the
one flaw in 3

i haven't experienced that, i find the sound to be very pure.

sounds like a hardware issue to me.

your sound quality with any DAW is only going to be as good as your sound card.

Doubt it buh, im using an Mbox 2 and a pair of mackie hr824 mkII's
Dont have any problems with cubase, fruity loops or protools
Just some nasty low static noise when using reason it pretty much put me off lol

hardcore reason user here
tried fruity, ableton, cubase... all the same sound to me :)
but again can someone give any info on my issue like 4 posts above this one? thanks in advance

but again can someone give any info on my issue like 4 posts above this one? thanks in advance

well it's illegal, you couldn't register it and you could never upgrade

other than that, there is no reason you can't share your copy with 50,000 people if you really wanted to.

reason and record are also an integrated program, not 2 different progs.

IFUWMO.

Last edited:
well it's illegal, you couldn't register it and you could never upgrade

other than that, there is no reason you can't share your copy with 50,000 people if you really wanted to.

reason and record are also an integrated program, not 2 different progs.

IFUWMO.

Record can be used as stand alone as Reason can be too... I mean, they can combine (and must be combined to evade hell);
but there's nothing telling you to buy both as a single program.
Anyway, my deal is to buy Reason 5 only atm... since I never do any recording.

IFUWMO?????

and thanks! for the info! =)

record has some new things that reason doesnt have (neptune pitch shifty thing)- also you cant run reason and record at the same time.
i guess you could have share your record but you would have to give them your password or give them the usb dongle key thing.

Im addicted to Record 1.5. It is next level.

The mixer is sick!! The sounds you channel through it is so much clearer and sits much nicer than in Reason. Really easy to apply Send FX and Inserts too. And the compresser/eq/sidechain function is easy to use.

Kong is incredible, not only for making a beat from scratch, but also so easy to load up existing WAVS/patches and putting them through the Kong effects unit. Not only that you can use the effects unit for other instruments... Just a really badass tool to have.

I never bought Recycle, absoloute rip off if u ask me. But i got a cracked copy and that does the job nicely

yeah, mad about kong it's like a mini daw inside another daw hahaha.
Drum modulation PWNS >9000!!!!!!

EDIT: ah and... wtf is wrong with proppelerheads! still haven't put a decent high-pass-alone... omg. using stereo imager and thor for these jobs is a bit of a pain in the arse :teeth:... arf!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom