Reason 5 Anyone ????

dunno if i like the look of that octorex thing. to me it seems you have to use one or more of the 8 rex loops as a loop in its entirety as a pattern, rather than drawing in the single hits of the loop you want. or am i missing something?

think ur missing something mate, pretty sure itll al be seperate.
im tempted to move onto logic or something, is this going to have sample strectching or vsts? i hope so

raaa dat octo rex fing is too sick, anybody who really uses rex beats will appretiate that to fuck!!

dunno if i like the look of that octorex thing. to me it seems you have to use one or more of the 8 rex loops as a loop in its entirety as a pattern, rather than drawing in the single hits of the loop you want. or am i missing something?

Reason already had timestretching since reason 2.0 (or 1.0) I guess... Since nn-19 was born.

Wow that octopussyRex machine looks frightening, the new amen rinser!!! =) the dark guys at dnb will be happy for this octopussy badass!!

looks good i will more than likely be investing in a copy of this when its out

not a bad addition, but it's nothing on the introduction of Thor.
it's basically just something that'll save you a few extra wires and note lanes, not overly impressive imo

i think he meant to quote me haha. i had no idea u could time stretch, will have to look this up!

yup, ment to quote you hahahaha sorry guys!
The octopussy also has "sample by sample" edition, and you can get a sample out and add reverb to that sample only which imo is a big advantage.
I love the new "lego blocks edition" no more copy pasting, no more colouring each square pattern! whoohooo!!

I would suck dicks for new oscilators,filters and other thing that makes Thor so awesome.Reason is great,very fast and effective workflow with super capable reverb,synth,distortion,mastering and seqencing abilities... only major negative thing is that you cant use VST

i really aint keen on the look of this one. there doesnt seem to be enuff improvements and changes to warrant the need to buy it. i mean yea they've made the octorex... thats not a new feature tho cos u could always have more than 8 dr rex players in your rack. its just a convenience thing. this should have just been released as an update for reason 4 rather than calling it a nice new release. i hope they announce a whole load more new features for the release otherwise its just a bit pointless imho.

Not too fussed about this new Rex player. Record can do this with audio and rex files anyway through the edit 'comping' view anyway.

Glad I get a free upgrade to Record 1.5 though.

I agree with alot of the points people are makin'. I mean, Propellerheads motto has always been that you should be able to open Reason and just make music, fast and easy.

With the addition of the Dr-OctoRex thats what there doin', its just a convience tool with a bonus. The building blocks falls into this category aswell.

If you check the propellerheads home page each day they'll introduce a new feature. Today they have basically shown a new feature of Record, which is basically Auto Tune !!...

They had better be bringing something good to the table with this Reason 5 update or alot of people aint gonna upgrade for shit....

In my opinion we need better synths. Maybe the addition of some usefull tools like Spectrum analizer's etc... some small things that will make a big difference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom