Reason 4: opening a self contained file problem

Darth Sidious

bloody ear abuse
Hi myself and a friend are trying to make a tune together, he has started it off and sent me the file but when I try opening it it says "please insert the disk containing the refill "dj samples" I dont know where to look to find these files. Its the first time Ive done this so I dont have a clue what Im doing. If anyone could offer any advice it would be very helpful indeed. cheers

if your mate started making the track on his computer and he has only sent you the reason project file he will need to send you all the samples he used in the tune that you dont have on your computer

ask your m8 to send you the refill or samples he used. or ask him to click on file > song self contain settings > and see if he can add in those files using that.

cool, this was my initial thought, but I thought maybe by self containing the file it would send all the samples as well. hes sending me the files now anyway.

cheers guys

when yopu self contain in reason you can only add samples that are not contained within a refill, if a refill sound is used it will show a little padlock symbol on the self contain dialogue box, meaning you cannot copy it, the only way round is to resample the sound and replace it then self contain it

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom