Reason 4 NNXT question

Discussion in 'Production' started by Darth Sidious, May 21, 2010.

1. Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious bloody ear abuse

Hi I have a reason related question, its probably really simple but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere! basically Ive loaded a rexed drum loop into the NNXT advanced sampler and split the individual slices into individual zones, so I have my pattern in the sequencer but I dont know how to make it so that the pitch doesnt increase as the notes go up the keyboard so that each hit is the same pitch as the original.

cheers

2. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

you can see the notes each sample is assigned too in the NNXT programmer, it should have an adjustable bar across the NNXT digital screen, just make that so it only takes up 1 note worth of space and make sure it's on C3 for each slice. any reason why you can't use Dr. Rex?

3. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

actually what youyr loking for is the "root note" knob, just set it to the note your playing on the kayboard, and it will be the original pitch.

Just do them one at a time, because if you select them all and adjust it then the root will be the same for all of them.

Just make sure the root note climbs the same notes as your sample.

rep please

4. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Yeah you need to set the root note for each slice to the corresponding key its assigned to.

5. Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious bloody ear abuse

Thanks alot guys all sorted now.

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

I have been using Dr. Rex up until now but I want to EQ each drum slice individually

6. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

load the rex file slices into the redrum and seperate the hits into diffrent channels on your mixer-from there you can set up eq's on your aux or run each hit out of the redrum into an eq and then back into the mixer
    if that makes sense