Reason 4 help

youarecosmic

Monster
Just starting learning reason last few days, ive loaded a break into the dr rex i cannot preview the loop and it doesnt make a sound when u play it the redrum does though. Anyone know what ive done wrong??? can anyone try and hold back from the usual mocking jokes that u get when your new to something on here. help would be appreicated?

ok cud b a few things
make sure your dr rex is connected to the main mixer
make sure that channel is active - that you aren solo'ing another channel
then the obviuos - make sure yr speakers are on - volume levels up etc

Post a screen shot of your reason then i might be able to help a bit more

The same question always comes up when staring Reason. Just make sure the cables are plugged into something. Use tab to flip the rack around to the back.

The Best three pieces of advice I can give you for Reason are:
1) Make friends with the cables, they become your best friend eventually.

2) Put each instrument into it's own combinator. This keeps navigating through the rack quick and painless.

3) Go to www.boyinaband.com and watch all his Reason tutorials

If I was going to name a fourth, it would definitely be to use the Thor synthesizer allot. I consider it the best synth ever. lol

yea defo sounds like a wiring issue, might have something to do with the default settings

go to edit menu, then preferences, then general and untick the box next to load default sound in new device

3) Go to www.boyinaband.com and watch all his Reason tutorials
boyinaband ftw

If I was going to name a fourth, it would definitely be to use the Thor synthesizer allot. I consider it the best synth ever. lol

Thor is fucking RAW!

you can get some really dirty stuff outta that!

Embarrasing wiring problems are the worst! It's like tripping over in public when no one sees it. They dont know its happened yet you die a little inside...

You need to right click on the very top silver device that's in your rack default and create a 14:2 mixer.
Then, everything you create after that will play through the mixer because the silver device only has one output so therefore only the first thing you create plays. I did this too at first.

Ill give you another tip
Keep cables organized !! use the conbinators as Said
start learning subtractor first, if youre new to this thor is complicated.
If You can Buy recycle, you can make your own collection of loops.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom