Reason 4 echo question

duppymanDnB

Hey guys I've been trying to figure out how to get a good echo on reason 4 without getting that annoying delay when you trigger the sample. As an example listen to the track posted. What I want is for beyonces voice to nicely trickle off in a natural sounding echo instead of that Drex loop sounding breath weirdness. I've tried the advanced sampler and screwing with the programer in it but I can't get it quite right. Thanks a lot guys! and gals!

http://soundcloud.com/duppyman/ive-been-changed

no clue about reason but i am 100% sure that, that's just use of subtle Reverb and that's all there is to it. the ammount of send might be automated though, not sure though.

But maybe i'm listening to wrong things.

yeah sounds like you want the rv700 reverb unit on that - there are plenty of pre made patchesfor the reverb unit just get one that sounds close and tweak.

When I add a reverb there's a dely on the sample trigger. What I want is for the vocal sample to go AhhhahhhhAHHahahhh ahhahhhAHHHHAHAHHAhahahha ohhh i've been changed..changed...changed and have it fade while the 2nd part kicks in. instead of AhhhahhhhAHHahahhh ahhahhhAHHHHAHAHHAhahahha ohhh i've been changed *weird breath* *weird breath* ohh i've been changed. See what I mean? adding a reverb makes it sound full and live but it doesnt echo like I want it too.

make a seperate NNXT or NN19 with the sample starting just on the word "changed" and use that just for the section you want with the delay, and then line up the sample with a cleaner version??

so you have ahhahhhAHHHHAHAHHAhahahha ohhh i've been changed changed changed ohhh i've been changed changed changed

bold parts being the seperate sampler with a delay unit on??

im not 100% what your getting at but away for better reverb in reason is to use it as a send not a direct effect. instead of creating it attached to your instrument directly on the output, you right click your mixer and select which ever reverb best is the purple one cant remember what its called it will now be attached to one of the 4 sends which you have to turn up on the channel strip this will create a lushest reverb.

duna if it helped u though but there u go

Use the delay man, slgith bit of reverb on any vocal as standard

But if you want the last word to trickle away gently use the delay unit, set the number to 8 and automate the dry / wet to come on when you want it

Back
Top Bottom