REASON 3 AND USING THE MAXIMIZER

Emlsslon

www.myspace.com/emissi0n
so when i render my tunes... and then throw the wav into soundforge... ive been boosting the eq within soundforge to achieve "loudness" i feel this is a cheap and unprofessional way of doing it after comparing to professional tunes... i heard from a good friend of mine (www.myspace.com/dubone) that u could possibly acheive that full eq sound with good clarity and loudness by maximizing it...any help would be appreciated

thanks(y)
:oscar:
emission

multi band compression would be better
as to colour the sound... remove transients
but without totally destroying the dynamic range of your sound....

i dont really like limiters

use both compress the way you want to get your levels

leave the maximiser off when making the tune

when happy with your trk then apply the maximiser

it's not cheap to render your tune and then put it into another prog to master it

it achieves loudness to your trk plus if you use good products like waves you can colour your tune and make it the dogs:)

this is what alot of people do

for example: the last prodigy album was made in reason but mastered in pro-tools

ohhh cool...makes me feel alot better because i find i make better quality tunes by not twiddling my thumbs with eq's and compression.. i seem to lose interest in the track because i get so frustrated with all the tweaking... and as far as routing and eq'ing each drum channel to the mixer "i dont do that anymore" .... if i do that then i cant filter my drum patterns all at once like i would like to... i could export the patterns... then edit the wav and throw into the nn19 sampler... wat u think would be the best way? is there a way i can seperate my redrum channels each with its own mclass compresser and eq, but still be able to use the ECF on all the seperate channels as well??

:alf:

ohhh cool...makes me feel alot better because i find i make better quality tunes by not twiddling my thumbs with eq's and compression.. i seem to lose interest in the track because i get so frustrated with all the tweaking... and as far as routing and eq'ing each drum channel to the mixer "i dont do that anymore" .... if i do that then i cant filter my drum patterns all at once like i would like to... i could export the patterns... then edit the wav and throw into the nn19 sampler... wat u think would be the best way? is there a way i can seperate my redrum channels each with its own mclass compresser and eq, but still be able to use the ECF on all the seperate channels as well??

:alf:

you use the m class eq and compressor to master at the end really

i'm still tryin to work out how to eq each re-drum channel seperatly but atm i know you can insert compressors and eq's into your instrumenst in reason seperatly and put them into the sequencer and automate them as well

also sometimes what i do i re-wire the drum machine to a seperate mixer so drums are all on their own channels

but you only get 4 effects sends on the mixer so you cant have 6 or 7 eq's on it only 4 but i'm sure there is prob a way

try that for starters

one thing you should all do
which is very easy to do in reason
is sidechain your single hit kick and snare
to compress the master bus...
so everytime a kick or snare hits
it ducks the main mix slightly helps the
drums to really cut through the mix

one thing you should all do
which is very easy to do in reason
is sidechain your single hit kick and snare
to compress the master bus...
so everytime a kick or snare hits
it ducks the main mix slightly helps the
drums to really cut through the mix

cheers mate

I think the easiest way is to make a combinator, add a mixer and redrum or sampler or whatever you use for drums. Then just make eq and compressor for every redrum channel, press tab and wire each drum channel to it's own eq and compressor ----> mixer. Save the combinator patch for future use. If you wanna use the ECF you can just add it between your combinator and main mixer, or between the drum mixer and combinator. That's how I did it when I used Reason.

I think the easiest way is to make a combinator, add a mixer and redrum or sampler or whatever you use for drums. Then just make eq and compressor for every redrum channel, press tab and wire each drum channel to it's own eq and compressor ----> mixer. Save the combinator patch for future use. If you wanna use the ECF you can just add it between your combinator and main mixer, or between the drum mixer and combinator. That's how I did it when I used Reason.

wot you using now & why ?

Back
Top Bottom